AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Anyone own an Infiniti? Likes/dislikes/maintenance issues?

On of DH’s cousins passed away earlier this year and his wife is looking at selling his 2018 Infiniti Q50 3.0t AWD sedan. It has 39,000 miles on it. Dh’s cousin bought it used in December, 2019 and he passed away in March 2021. His cousin put 5,100 miles on it in the year and three months before he passed. The carfax report checks out on it and the KBB prices are within what we would be okay paying. We weren’t initially thinking of buying that new of a car now but knew we’d be in the market in the next year with DD1 learning how to drive (although the span ranged from new to 10 years old and debating about getting a 2018 or newer SUV (Honda Passport or Toyota 4Runner were the top candidates) or a sedan (Corolla, Civic, Subaru, Altima, Accord, etc.) probably around 5 years or older. With the used and new car market being what it is now if the wife accepts the price we offer it will be a great deal because it will be hard to get that good of a deal on any kind of car now.

I am pretty familiar with Nissan and in my experience they run forever my dad put 200k + miles on the two trucks he had between 1984 and 2003, and we also had a 1973 Datsun wagon from 1973 to 1989 that also had 200k+ miles on it; my dad sold all three cars running. Other than his 92 pickup needing mid grade fuel and a few cylinder heads replaced and some transmission work done at 100k miles my family has had good luck with Nissan cars. My sister also has a 2012 Altima that has 150k+ miles on it and requires standard maintenance only.

I just want to know if anyone here has an Infiniti and has had an issues with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 11-29-2021 at 03:21 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We've had two. A QX56 and it's replacement, the QX80. We've had no issues with either. We just ordered a new Navigator but that was only because it had a few more bells and whistles that we wanted, and I liked the exterior color better. Otherwise we would have just gotten a new QX. I'd buy a QX50 in a heartbeat if it worked for what I wanted.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Anyone own an Infiniti? Likes/dislikes/maintenance issues?

Thanks!

I don’t think we are going to get it. The wife got a decent mid range KBB trade in valued offer to buy from Carvana and if she sells it private party then she wants mid to high end private party value. We can’t fault her for that, but Dh’s uncle told us that she wants to sell car quickly so we made her the best offer we could (uncle is the first cousin of the cousin who died). We offered her what she got from Carvana (not knowing she had gotten an offer from Carvana until she texted us back). She also won’t give us a firm sales price; I think she just wants us to pick a price in that mid to high end private party range and make her an offer. Dh said that he doesn’t want to pay mid to high private party because the car isn’t something he can see himself driving for 10+ years and the mid to high private party sales price she wants should be able to get him either a non luxury new or CPO small to mid size SUV (Honda Passport or Toyota 4 Runner….maybe a Kia Telluride….if enough are ever in stock) or mid size truck (Toyota, Chevy/GM, Ford, or Nissan), which is what he really wants. He says if we have to buy another sedan he doesn’t want to be driving it for years and he won’t give a sports sedan to either of our kids; so if we buy a sedan it must be something we can hand off to one of our kids and or sell once the Honda Pilot finally dies and needs to be replaced with another SUV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 11-30-2021 at 03:09 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

For those of us in the "need a car in about a year" range, are we generally waiting to see what happens with prices? That's what DH and I decided....as fun as it would be to get something now for DD to practice on, we're trying to wait it out for prices and inventory to normalize. There should be other cars as we get closer to needing one, right???

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    For those of us in the "need a car in about a year" range, are we generally waiting to see what happens with prices? That's what DH and I decided....as fun as it would be to get something now for DD to practice on, we're trying to wait it out for prices and inventory to normalize. There should be other cars as we get closer to needing one, right???
    We’re in this boat too & waiting it out. DS just got his permit and his options are my Honda Pilot which I think is big to learn on, grandma’s mini van or DH’s 25 year old huge car that even I will not drive. We were hoping to go ahead and get DS’s car but he will have to suffer with practicing on my Pilot for now.