Reader is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default alternative to LL Bean rolling adventure duffle?

I wanted to buy a new one but it seems they are sold out...anyone have other favorites?

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Any non duffle bag rolling suitcase. Sorry, I couldn't resist. I just don't get the duffle bag love. We have plenty of them too but everyone reaches for suitcases.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default alternative to LL Bean rolling adventure duffle?

Add me to the no wheeled duffle list. Mine (Eddie Bauer large) always got checked with the luggage because it was heavy (but never overweight). Mine was not rolling though but at 18 years old in 2016 I decided not to replace it when it finally gave up all usefulness. In 2019 I got a Motherlode Jr. from Ebags and while it is great I honestly wish I would’ve gotten the wheeled version because the Motherlode imho is kind of awkwardly carry when completely full ——it will easily hold 3-5 days of clothes in packing cubes plus a laptop and a travel bag of shampoo/conditioner/hairbrush, etc. (the wheeled Motherlode isn’t much smaller than a traditional carryon luggage). This past summer I bought a Lo and Sons Catalina tote bag off Poshmark (as of course Lo and Sons wasn’t having a sale then), but I really like the bag and it was much easier to carry than a duffle and even easier than the Motherlode Jr., and it easily fit underneath the airplane seat with a little bit of room left.

I also have two carryons one from Costco (love this one), and another from Swiss Army (like the Costco slightly more but this one from Target-2014? still works great) that work great and really it was because I had those two suitcases that I no longer saw a need to buy another duffle bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 11-29-2021 at 05:52 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS1 has this Ebags Mother Lode 29" Checked Rolling Duffel at college and we really like it (we used it on vacation over the summer). I definitely didn't pay anywhere near $199 for it though! I got it on sale for just $79.99!!!

https://www.ebags.com/luggage/wheele...17751XXXX.html

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I like rolling duffels for things like when we travel for skiing or hiking trips and need to talk a lot of stuff. Otherwise we use rolling suitcases. I did get DS a North Face rolling duffle that is carry on size at Sierra Trading Post a few months ago. They have it full price at REI but I payed around $80 on STP.

Kindra178 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    DS1 has this Ebags Mother Lode 29" Checked Rolling Duffel at college and we really like it (we used it on vacation over the summer). I definitely didn't pay anywhere near $199 for it though! I got it on sale for just $79.99!!!

https://www.ebags.com/luggage/wheele...17751XXXX.html

Can this stand up on its own?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Can this stand up on its own?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Yes, it does.

Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    I like rolling duffels for things like when we travel for skiing or hiking trips and need to talk a lot of stuff. Otherwise we use rolling suitcases. I did get DS a North Face rolling duffle that is carry on size at Sierra Trading Post a few months ago. They have it full price at REI but I payed around $80 on STP.
    Yes to this. I love the rolling duffles for the sheer volume of stuff you can pack in them. If you are going to check a bag, you might as well check one a big one with a lot of stuff. Also, once they’re are emptied, they are nearly flat and very easy to store. We use them for trips to go skiing. However, we also have the Motherlode bags and love them for carry-on travel. They are very well organized, light and hold a lot in a carry-on size.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.