Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I'm not waiting - so many unknowns still about Omicron, but I know delta is here and things are moving indoors and my protection is waning while the Omicron targeted booster may or may not be coming....
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Well, it looks like I gave myself the booster. I tested positive today. I thought I would make sure this "cold" I caught from my 2 yr old nephew wasn't Covid because I was leaning towards getting the booster this week so went and got a rapid test. Trying not to panic!! My kids are 2.5 weeks into their first vaccine and tested negative today.
    Last edited by flashy09; 11-30-2021 at 02:23 PM.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sorry to see the update - hope you keep having a mild case.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m so sorry. Fingers crossed it’s a mild case and you can keep your kids from catching it.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by flashy09 View Post
    Well, it looks like I gave myself the booster. I tested positive today. I thought I would make sure this "cold" I caught from my 2 yr old nephew wasn't Covid because I was leaning towards getting the booster this week so went and got a rapid test. Trying not to panic!! My kids are 2.5 weeks into their first vaccine and tested negative today.
    Oh geez! Hoping you recover quickly and it stays mild, and the rest of the family doesn't catch it.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We went ahead and got our boosters today. I imagine we will be getting yet another booster in 3 to 4 months. If not sooner. Oh well
    K

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

General consensus among the medical/epi crowd seems to be boost now, don’t wait.

Quote Originally Posted by flashy09 View Post
    Sorry, my 2.5 yo has covid but DH and I tested negative on the at home rapids last night, if my kids have had it (with just one round of shots, they were due for the second tomorrow/Thurs ) They have either been asymptomatic completely or negative. I am actually hoping they test positive (so done with this) but not very optimistic based on how normal they are acting.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sorry to read that update, hoping it is a mild case and that no one else in the family gets it! I was on the fence about scheduling our boosters (we are almost 7 months out), but the combination of traveling this weekend to a place with low vax rates, DH doing on a church retreat next weekend, and your story, I just registered us to get our Moderna boosters at Sam's club tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed that side effects are not as bad as our original 2 shots! My mom commented that the booster's have a pretty immediate protection, does anyone else know if that is true (vs. the 2 weeks for fully vaxed after the second shot)?

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    Sorry to read that update, hoping it is a mild case and that no one else in the family gets it! I was on the fence about scheduling our boosters (we are almost 7 months out), but the combination of traveling this weekend to a place with low vax rates, DH doing on a church retreat next weekend, and your story, I just registered us to get our Moderna boosters at Sam's club tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed that side effects are not as bad as our original 2 shots! My mom commented that the booster's have a pretty immediate protection, does anyone else know if that is true (vs. the 2 weeks for fully vaxed after the second shot)?
    It looks like about a week for both the original doses and the boosters. I think the 14 days was always conservative. Look up the Pfizer booster trial data. You can see the lines between number of cases in the placebo group and the number of cases in the booster group start to diverge around the one week mark. Their analysis still starts at two weeks post booster/placebo but I really think the protection is good around a week out.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast