Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: coding robots

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default coding robots

DS is 9 and enjoys making games on scratch- and likes gadgets. I thought one of those coding robots might be fun but am a little overwhelmed by the choices- anyone have one they like? I was looking at the sphero ones but looks like they are mostly sold out.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We have the Lego one but it never got much love. I’m sure the right kid would have a blast with it though

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My kids have used Sphero and and Ozobots in school and had fun with them.

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

We purchased Sphero and Ollie a few years ago as birthday gifts. They both still get a lot of play; more Sphero than Ollie. The company has excellent customer service!! There was a delay in shipping when we ordered, and the gift almost didn't make it in time for DD's birthday. They overnighted the gift, tossed in t-shirts the accessory pack and stickers. Definitely went above and beyond!!!!

Maybe contact them and ask if you can get on a wait list, or when they restock.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    My kids have used Sphero and and Ozobots in school and had fun with them.
    I love Ozobots!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Which sphero is the best? I know they are backordered but wondering which one I should be looking for.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

We have the SPRK+, Jump Ramps, Terrain Park and nuby cover. Love the SPRK+. We have had a blast building different courses, etc. with it.

I don't know much about the Mini. Looks fun especially if you have two or three of them together. The maze tape would be neat.

Quote Originally Posted by boilermakermom View Post
    We have the SPRK+, Jump Ramps, Terrain Park and nuby cover. Love the SPRK+. We have had a blast building different courses, etc. with it.

I don't know much about the Mini. Looks fun especially if you have two or three of them together. The maze tape would be neat.
    I panic ordered a BOLT, which may or may not actually move up enough in ship date to arrive before Christmas. Took me until just now to realize the BOLT has replaced the SPRK+ so I guess comparing them becomes moot. I’m already feeling a bit over my head with this thing, but I know both DS and DD have some experience with it from school. DS also wanted a robot last year and what our very sweet relative sent was kind of a nightmare that took hours of parent involvement to put together and then didn’t even work :-(
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by Snow mom View Post
    I panic ordered a BOLT, which may or may not actually move up enough in ship date to arrive before Christmas. Took me until just now to realize the BOLT has replaced the SPRK+ so I guess comparing them becomes moot. I’m already feeling a bit over my head with this thing, but I know both DS and DD have some experience with it from school. DS also wanted a robot last year and what our very sweet relative sent was kind of a nightmare that took hours of parent involvement to put together and then didn’t even work :-(
    Don't feel overwhelmed. They are incredibly user friendly and super easy to figure out!! Our family was completely new to the Sphero world and had no problems figuring out the apps and pairing it. What device will you use it with?

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I ordered a Sphero mini from amazon because they are in stock, and if he likes it will get a bolt for his January birthday. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast