Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm due for my yearly but didn't think about that before I scheduled my booster for this week. I had a swollen lymph node by my collarbone after first dose of Moderna. Got my second dose on the right side an no swollen lymph nodes. Just got my booster in my right arm and I definately have some soreness and a little bit of swelling on my collarbone on the right side and the tissue under my armpit is very sensitive. Guess I'll need to schedule that mammogram later in January.

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Our hospital does them whenever you schedule them. They just want to know if you have had a vaccine recently. Their thought process is probably partially that screening should not be delayed because people might not reschedule no monetary because they can get paid for them. Also, lymph node swelling can go on for months, not weeks, in some individuals, so they don’t ascribed to the 6 week thing. I know our surgical oncologist are much more concerned by the advanced cases of cancer of all types we are seeing because of delays in people seeking care vs. unnecessary call backs.

Also, for basic screening mammograms 2 years time period support by research, not one one year. The annual screening has to do with a lot of things that aren’t medically. So you can defiantly defer for two years. They are even weighing the recommendation to stop screening after 75.
    Last edited by dogmom; 12-03-2021 at 12:15 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2