Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Kids playing football on internal roads and intersection in the neighborhood…

My question is should I say something to the parents? This is one lane behind us and there is a stop sign at the intersection. Today I slowed down and came to a stop 10 feet from stop the sign since I could see their ball coming towards the intersection and glad I did since it came right to my car and a kid came running with abandon chasing it. As he picked up the ball, he looked at me and muttered “what the heck!!!” which is another surprising tidbit.
    There are constant delivery drivers coming into the neighborhood and that intersection is unavoidable. I feel it is a disaster waiting to happen. On my way back after I picked DD, I stopped and spoke to a lady who resides on that street and she agreed with me that it’s dangerous but she said good luck trying to talk to the parents so I don’t know how to interpret that! I know atleast 2 of the kids were from a house on that street so should I attempt to go talk to the parents? I don’t know this family except seeing them occasionally at the bus stop pre pandemic for a few months. Of course, there were a bunch of kids other than the boys from this family.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by Myira; 12-09-2021 at 07:13 PM.
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm a para in my neighborhood school so I know many kids well and often see their misdeeds. I hate to say it but I would make sure MY kids know its not ok to do and leave it alone. Unless you're friends with the parents, there really is no good way to broach it and people get defensive.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Does your HOA have rules? If so report it to the HOA. I would leave it at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If you are lucky enough to have a community resource police officer, they would be a great choice to deal with it. We had one at our old house - they do community events, drug/gang avoidance programs, talk at the middle and high schools, and so forth.