Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Board games are on sale B2G1 free at Target through 12/11. I just bought 6 games, several of which are listed in this thread, for $75 total.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Concept is a favorite in our family- it's like pictionary without drawing or talking. You use visual clues on the board.
    Is this game easy to learn how to play? I feel like we have so many games that I need to watch a YouTube video multiple times to learn how to play and then I forget after we're done and never want to play again!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Board Game Ideas

I bought the Target exclusive Monopoly game, and a new Minions game from the same people who made Exploding Kittens (Dd2 loves all things Minion related).

In general my kids like Here to Slay, Llamas Unleashed, Unstable Unicorns, etc. type games plus old standards like Life, Battleship, and Monopoly. Mexican Train is also fun. I think one of my kids might be getting me the Oregon Trail game.

I agree that games need to be easy. We did play My First Catan a few years ago with some friends and I liked the speed of that one…..I have yet to play the full version….I imagine hours long versions of Stratego and Risk here….not my cup of tea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 12-09-2021 at 03:36 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Is this game easy to learn how to play? I feel like we have so many games that I need to watch a YouTube video multiple times to learn how to play and then I forget after we're done and never want to play again!
    I’m with you. I get overwhelmed with games that have complicated rules and the kids usually have to figure it out and teach us lol
    It’s easy to learn but concept requires a lot of creativity, and in the higher levels -each card has different levels - it can be difficult but we have a lot of fun with it and don’t take it too seriously. Dh has no patience for the higher levels and gets frustrated- he likes strategy games and bananagrams
    concept May be a bit much for people who are only used to taboo and Scattegories and those sorts of games, which we too love but are much simpler. People who are into board games might enjoy this. I found it by looking on boardgamegeek and watching a video to see how it was played.
    https://boardgamegeek.com/video/2525...ctionary-ideas
    I immediately knew DS would love it and turns out DD and I do, too. Dd only took one game to her new apartment - concept! And Ds also has a copy at college so we have three, and I gave it to my sil, and it’s her favorite game now, which brings us to four copies lol You might say we are obsessed lol
    The kids and I like word games, games that require creativity, humor, etc. one of our old favorites (We have been playing since DS was in elementary school!) is The Metagame. It’s very flexible, portable, and requires creativity. Another one is the New Yorker cartoon caption game!
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3