DS2 (9) was supposed to get his second covid vaccine this past Thursday but instead actually tested positive for covid on Tuesday. (Mostly asymptomatic besides maybe a little more sleepy than usual but that could also be due to being stuck out of school forever now..) We would have never tested him besides DD getting sick and tested positive first. DS1 and DS3 have remained negative (saliva PCR's on Tues and Fri) and I strongly suspect they have either already had it and we missed catching it on a test or the weird "stomach bug" virus they both had a couple weeks ago (which DS2 did not end up with, weirdly) was actually covid. (I did home test them both once and it was negative and didn't think to retest since GI issues were their only issue. I assumed they had a stomach virus.) In any case, now I have no idea when to get their second dose. Our ped is great but is pretty pushy pro-vaccine and I don't think I'm comfortable getting the second dose for them anytime soon- especially as they are all boys. I was just wondering if anyone had this with their 12-15s and what the advice was on the second dose? (Or adults for that matter? Although one of my nurse coworkers had that happen and was told to get her second vaccine as normal and did that, back in January.) Obviously watching how this new variant plays out may change my thoughts as well..
Thank you!