Pilotbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Disney in December

Hello everyone- I can't figure out how to post this in the Disney section since there aren't any recent posts there popping up. We are heading to Disney in Orlando the week of December 18. We have never been at this time of year. What can we expect weather wise? Is it still super hot and we need to wear shorts and t-shirts every day? Aside from weather, what other differences can we expect and prepare for?
    TIA

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Did you buy tickets and make park reservations? If not, it’s not pretty sold out many days.
    You need layers. Could be 80, could be 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Yes- thank you. We have all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Did you buy tickets and make park reservations? If not, it’s not pretty sold out many days.
    You need layers. Could be 80, could be 50.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

As PP said, hard to know about the weather until a few days before.

Make sure you have plans or reservations for all meals. Expect large crowds and long lines. Set your expectations low as to how much you will actually get to do.

crn is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Definitely layers. We went in early December a couple of years ago and there were days when we wore shorts and days when we wore coats. And the temperature often dropped quickly in the evenings, so it was good to have some extra layers to pull out then. Depending on weather and our plans for the day, we sometimes took an extra bag with layers and left it in a locker.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Agree with PPs. We’ve gone twice at Xmas time. One year we ended up buying winter hats and gloves at a store because one day got extremely cold. The other year we mostly wore pants with sweatshirts and tshirts and took off the sweatshirts mid-day. Didn’t need sandals or shorts either trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have been in December a few times. Most of the time the weather is great and we can even swim. I would still make sure everyone has pants and a fleece jacket just in case. We go from open to close so if it's cold in the morning we wear pants and jackets, which we will need again at night. We bring shorts to change into for the warm afternoon or if we get wet, and rent a locker to put extra clothes in if we don't need them. Have fun!

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Definitely agree with the layering idea. We went the first week of December about 10 years ago and had a few mornings that were below freezing. But other days it was 70+ during the day.

ETA: yesterday in my Facebook memories, this trip's pictures showed up. There we were, all bundled in jackets, pink cheeked, and hands shoved in our pockets in front of Cinderella's castle.
    Last edited by klwa; 12-07-2021 at 10:37 AM.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

That's such a good idea! This is our first year going when our Daughter isn't in a stroller and I was wondering how we would pull off extra layers. I didn't even know about the lockers. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by crn View Post
    Definitely layers. We went in early December a couple of years ago and there were days when we wore shorts and days when we wore coats. And the temperature often dropped quickly in the evenings, so it was good to have some extra layers to pull out then. Depending on weather and our plans for the day, we sometimes took an extra bag with layers and left it in a locker.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilotbaby View Post
    That's such a good idea! This is our first year going when our Daughter isn't in a stroller and I was wondering how we would pull off extra layers. I didn't even know about the lockers. Thank you!
    I don’t really understand when people lug their backpack of “just in case” stuff around all day vs just shoving that stuff in a locker in the park. It’s there if you need it but being able to travel light is so nice! I’m glad someone suggested it