Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default More an observation

Not googling for solutions is now the equivalent of not asking for directions. DH and DS put the Christmas tree up to find sections of lights weren’t working. They check the fuses and the bulbs and some time later I hear the loud complaints about how things are supposed to be simple. DH adds complaint of the outdoor decorations power cords tripping the circuit because of the GFIC outdoor plugs. Couple minutes on Google by me and we leave for home depot to get the mini light checker to find dead bulbs and fuses (Christmas tree is now all lit up) and have ordered on Amazon weatherproof boxes for the outdoor cords.

These 2 are usually very good problem solvers, but they can’t manage to google for the answer

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 12-05-2021 at 10:52 PM.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sorry, but this makes me want to laugh.

Anyone have a solution for hanging garland on painted walls with texture? Those Command hooks have failed 3 times now, and I’m getting tired of wasting the strips.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am baffled how neither of my kids searches out answers online for things. They expect me to know answers...all I'm going to do is search online, which they can easily do from their phones, computers, tablets...

DH will actually type out a question and send it to me by text rather than type it straight into Google himself. To which I answer, Every Single Time, “Seriously? Google.” I have deep questions about his life choices.

Susan

Thatcher Bennett 9/01
    Ava Grace 9/07

Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post

Anyone have a solution for hanging garland on painted walls with texture? Those Command hooks have failed 3 times now, and I’m getting tired of wasting the strips.
    Could you maybe put painters tape on the wall then the command hook or use hot glue to adhere the garland to the painters tape?? Think I saw that somewhere

Nice to know I’m not the only way baffled by the inability to google an answer. Trying to he solve the problem and complaining about it takes longer than finding the answer

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I am baffled how neither of my kids searches out answers online for things. They expect me to know answers...all I'm going to do is search online, which they can easily do from their phones, computers, tablets...
    This always gets me too. My tech savvy kids ask me all the questions and stand by while I'm googling the answers. Skip the middle man people!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post

OP, yes we have this problem but more often it is me answering questions like "do we need butter" when the answer requires me to simply look in the fridge and see and I cannot figure out why that is "my joy" lol.

But to the tape thing... The good thing about textured walls is that they are easy to patch! As a perennial renter we just use nails, and when we need to repair we use caulk, orange peel texture spray and then cover with a quick swipe of paint...maybe not what you want to hear! I've never really been able to get any kind of command hook to work on any surface in my house though!

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    This always gets me too. My tech savvy kids ask me all the questions and stand by while I'm googling the answers. Skip the middle man people!
    Exactly! Look up the answer yourself

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

On a similar note, my DH often looks up a product on Amazon, does all the research, chooses the product, and puts it in the cart. Then he emails me and tells me to order it.

Dude, you're logged into my account! You've done all the hard work already! Literally all you have to do now is push the purchase button. The CC information is already in there and everything! smh

ETA: Oh, and thanks for the suggestions! I am considering just taping the hook to the wall, but I'm not sure the tape will stick either! The paint has some sort of powdery surface. I think that is what is preventing adhesion. And it's skip-trowel, not orange peel. This house is just a nightmare--so much work to be done! (We're in the process of redoing all the walls to be texture-less.)
    Last edited by sariana; 12-07-2021 at 01:55 AM.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast