Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bcafe View Post
    My brother and family live where you do, and guaranteed if I asked my nephew who is a sophomore, he would know plenty of kids who vape and vape THC. Many kids work and will get older siblings or acquaintances to buy it for them.
    Oh, I don’t doubt it’s in the area, but I believe my kids don’t know anyone who does it. All of them attend a very small school and until next week, none of them are around kids from other schools much. Ds2 is starting a job at a grocery store next week which hires lots of local areas high school kids so it’s likely he’ll meet more kids then. But he already talks to me about the kids who smoke pot at the skateboard park he frequents and he said he does see kids vaping there but he doesn’t know if they are vaping thc. He just asked, “isn't thc illegal? It’s so sad to watch those kids who are addicted to vaping.” So I suspect he’ll tell me about the kids he works with if they talk to him about it.

Because alcoholism runs in our family, and the kids have seen up-close family members who struggle with alcoholism and the problems it causes, we talk about it openly and a frequently.

OP, I’d talk to my kids about the desire to self-medicate and how it might indicate a need to go on a doctor-regulated antidepressant instead. Taking illegal drugs is not the best way to relieve any symptoms. It’s so dangerous. And I am guessing that it’s illegal, depending on age and state.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 12-06-2021 at 10:15 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.