Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I make cinnamon rolls homemade GF and store bought ones, turkey bacon, and strawberries and blueberries for breakfast.
    Then I make a large batch of homemade meatballs and sauce to be served with pasta and a soaked salad.

Dinner is something easy but I can’t remember last years.
    K

We also just do 2 meals plus plenty of snacking/treats. For several years now, I've made our big meal on Christmas Eve (usually ham, scalloped or mashed potatoes, homemade rolls + homemade jam, Brussels sprouts and maybe another veg, desserts) so that there's not much kitchen time required on Christmas day. On Christmas, we have brunch (quiche, breakfast casserole, maybe sausages, sticky buns, cream cheese braid, citrus fruit) and then just hang out in our pajamas as long as we want and heat up leftovers whenever we want. Since I took most of the cooking out of the day and replaced it with just unstructured hanging out with my family, it's become my favorite day of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    I make cinnamon rolls homemade GF and store bought ones, turkey bacon, and strawberries and blueberries for breakfast.
    Then I make a large batch of homemade meatballs and sauce to be served with pasta and a soaked salad.

Dinner is something easy but I can’t remember last years.
    Do you have a gf cinnamon roll recipe you like? My husband always makes gluten ones for the family and I always wish I had taken the time to make some gf ones for myself!

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by RedSuedeShoes View Post
    Do you have a gf cinnamon roll recipe you like? My husband always makes gluten ones for the family and I always wish I had taken the time to make some gf ones for myself!
    Yes! Here it is
    https://glutenfreeonashoestring.com/...cinnamon-buns/
    K

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I make a Dutch baby pancake and serve it with sausage, and maybe some fruit compote to top the pancake.

If I'm really ambitious, I make cinnamon rolls.

I like the pancake because it's easy-prep (toss all ingredients into the blender while the pan heats in the oven, blitz; drop butter into pan, when melty, pour batter into heated pan & bake) and hands-off, so we can turn on a Yule Log video and open presents while we eat.

Dinners vary; last year, we had ham (I use Dave Lieberman's glaze recipe/method) ... but DH really likes lasagna for Christmas dinner.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Christmas breakfast is sausage (and bacon some years) and pancakes. Simple but a bit more than a normal breakfast. Sometimes the in-laws stop by and eat breakfast. Lunch is whatever people want to eat. I usually have leftover chicken & dumplings from Christmas Eve. Supper, I usually have heavy appetizer type foods ready but then DH usually decides we have to go over & help his parents finish their leftovers after talking to them. (My ONE rule is that we don't travel on Christmas Day. DH knows this rule. He always breaks it and goes over there because they tell him it's silly to not come over when they have ALL THIS FOOD leftover from the family celebration the day before.) I often just stay home & soak in the quiet for a bit. And eat my appetizery food.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    Thank you!

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    I make a Dutch baby pancake and serve it with sausage, and maybe some fruit compote to top the pancake.

I like the pancake because it's easy-prep (toss all ingredients into the blender while the pan heats in the oven, blitz; drop butter into pan, when melty, pour batter into heated pan & bake) and hands-off, so we can turn on a Yule Log video and open presents while we eat.
    could you please share your Dutch baby recipe?

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by urquie View Post
    could you please share your Dutch baby recipe?
    I was using Ted Allen's from an episode of the original Queer Eye in 2001, but they've grown a ton in popularity since then.

This basic recipe at The Kitchn is very reliable.

Basically, it's built on proportions (1:1 flour to milk; 1 egg per serving; etc.) and if you have a blender, all you do is add your ingredients to the jar, then blitz while you're waiting on the pan to heat.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2