Default I have TWO students at the high school

Finally got the "your child has been exposed to Covid" quarantine letter from high school at 6 pm last night. Lots of dates for exposure, when to come back criteria (vaccination status, test to stay, symptoms, do nothing) except maybe the key piece..... which kid?

I was hoping they also emailed the student and I could figure it out that way, but nope, not that easy.

Responded to administrator initiating email and then sent note to nurse. Administrator responds DS1. Nurse responds DS1 AND DS2.

Ugh. I have all the empathy in the world for the sh!t storm they are living, but this does not increase my confidence in how everything is being handled.

I'm sorry! It's such a mess. Hopefully everyone stays healthy and this becomes a blip in their school year.

Based on the pictures I've seen on DS's phone from inside the high school, I'm pretty sure it's crazy with masks hanging on chins and noses uncovered. I can't imagine how they would even know who has been exposed based on location either. I've felt like I send DS1 off to school every day on a hope and prayer that he stays healthy but he needs to be there for all the other reasons so off he goes. I have so much respect for the teachers and school staff dealing with this mess along with record staffing shortages but completely get your frustration.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by belovedgandp View Post
    Finally got the "your child has been exposed to Covid" quarantine letter from high school at 6 pm last night. Lots of dates for exposure, when to come back criteria (vaccination status, test to stay, symptoms, do nothing) except maybe the key piece..... which kid?

I was hoping they also emailed the student and I could figure it out that way, but nope, not that easy.

Responded to administrator initiating email and then sent note to nurse. Administrator responds DS1. Nurse responds DS1 AND DS2.

Ugh. I have all the empathy in the world for the sh!t storm they are living, but this does not increase my confidence in how everything is being handled.
    I know! It's so funny how things have changed with the notices. Last year, I got a CALL directly from the nurse saying my son was exposed. She told me the amount of time he was exposed, the distance, the location, etc. Basically everything but the other kid's name.

The next exposure was the same, but in an email.

The next couple exposures was a generic "Your child in 10th grade has been exposed" recorded message.

The next exposures were "Your student has been exposed" with no specificity as to which student, in which grade or building.

Now, we don't get notified at all.

firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yep, I got three calls last week about 1 of my kids. “Your child has been in close contact...” call back “Just kidding! That person actually tested positive for flu, not Covid, you’re good!” To next day, “someone else your child was in close contact with...”. SUPER FUN!

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    I know! It's so funny how things have changed with the notices. Last year, I got a CALL directly from the nurse saying my son was exposed. She told me the amount of time he was exposed, the distance, the location, etc. Basically everything but the other kid's name.

The next exposure was the same, but in an email.

The next couple exposures was a generic "Your child in 10th grade has been exposed" recorded message.

The next exposures were "Your student has been exposed" with no specificity as to which student, in which grade or building.

Now, we don't get notified at all.
    Well that is NOT helpful!!! ARGH!!!