MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Grades the projects as they come in!!!

I'm so frustrated for DS. It's not the end of the world, but it will run his chance of getting in the top 10%. (Granted, he's only in 7th grade, but it was important for him) His STEM teacher did not grade any of their projects until today. 3 days before the semester is over. DS got B's or C's on most of them because he made the same tiny mistake that he didn't even realize was a mistake, as it was not in any of the directions (these projects are all in a CAD program). Now, if said teacher had grade the projects in a bit more timely fashion, DS would have been alerted to the mistake and made aware that he should not do it for the remaining projects. Instead, his grade has now suffered and there's nothing he can do. He really doesn't even understand why he missed points as the teachers explanation didn't really make much sense. I know teachers are busy, but couldn't he have graded them earlier if he was able to grade all 8 assignments for all of the 25 students in that class in one period??

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That is super frustrating and I'm sorry. IMO there really is no excuse. How can you motivate kids to do better or keep working hard etc if they dont get any feedback from their grades?
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

I'd be frustrated too. If the point of school is learning, kids must know what they did wrong so they can learn from their mistakes and correct it on future work. You are right - not huge in the grand scheme of life but UGH!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Default Grades the projects as they come in!!!

This is DD’s biggest complaint in honors English (well just one complaint ). The teacher hasn’t graded an assignment from Nov 1. Or her essay that was due in mid-November. We are on the block schedule, so it’s even worse. (Only 2.5 weeks left before finals and the first assignment of the term hasn’t even been graded.) it’s giving DD lots of anxiety since she doesn’t know how much time to put in because she doesn’t know how she did on her other assignments.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)