Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Dayzy View Post
    It's a stocking/customer anger issue. The test are in demand right now and several stores near me have systems where the item doesn't actually get removed from the online inventory until the order is picked and scanned. So you could order online, it says the item is in stock, 12 people go to the store and buy them out before your order is picked, and then it gets cancelled for you.
    This makes complete sense. Tempers are already high being told they don’t have the test after you drove over to pick it could send people over the edge. Not what we need right now.

OP - I’m sorry you had to wait to get your test.Being able to pick up curbside makes so much more sense.

The Washington Post has a story today about the shortage of tests, the inaccuracy of in-store trackers and angry customers.

After I saw this post last night, I searched BBB for this link that someone posted a couple of months ago. https://www.globalpointofcare.abbott...f-test-us.html

I found it to be pretty accurate when I bought a couple of tests back in September. When it said that a CVS near me had some, I went this morning and bought two. I would guess they had around 20, but when I checked this afternoon, the stock had changed to sold out.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I get the frustration. But the reality is the people that can go online and buy the tests are the ones that need them the least, in general. It’s like all the grocery delivery slots were taken by people working from home in spring of 2020 while I was pulling overtime in COVID units and had not time to snag them. I was, “you all could mask up and go out once a week to the grocery store! Here I am doing it and you probably don’t want me to.” People without good internet access or time or need to go to person for work are much more likely to not be able to do pick up, possibly because they have to pay cash.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Covid home tests "not available" for curbside pickup

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    I get the frustration. But the reality is the people that can go online and buy the tests are the ones that need them the least, in general. It’s like all the grocery delivery slots were taken by people working from home in spring of 2020 while I was pulling overtime in COVID units and had not time to snag them. I was, “you all could mask up and go out once a week to the grocery store! Here I am doing it and you probably don’t want me to.” People without good internet access or time or need to go to person for work are much more likely to not be able to do pick up, possibly because they have to pay cash.
    I agree with you 10000% about this. I don’t have any at home tests and hope I won’t need them, but yes I agree there are most likely people hoarding tests they will never use. The few people I have seen posting on social media about having tests have been women with high end exec. level jobs. Why even brag about catching Covid or needing to test for it? I placed my first online grocery order ever two weeks ago at Walmart because that is where I was getting my booster at and I was afraid of the store being a zoo pre Christmas. It honestly wasn’t too bad, but I hear you I couldn’t get a grocery delivery or pick up spot at any store prior to maybe September 2020 (when I moved to a new area), but just masked up and went to the store anyways. I didn’t even need the delivery or pick up time because I was working from home but it felt like a whole FOMO thing or made me feel bad for having to go out and get food. I always went and bought food when I commuted and had even less time at home. I stayed home when I wasn’t feeling great and dealt with my whiny kids who said they had no food in the house (that was bs….it was just didn’t want to eat what was in my house).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 01-04-2022 at 12:22 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I also bet it’s a stock problem. They can’t guarantee it’ll be in stock so you have to go in. I can’t do pick up for tests here either (national chains)

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Yep. It has been like that here as well for a while. You can't pick up curbside. This was also true for things like soap and toilet paper since March 2020. You couldn't order it online, had to come in. I suspect it's also to dissuade those folks who hoard these things like crazy and keep some in stock for people who are actually shopping in the store.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2