Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Covid home tests "not available" for curbside pickup

This has got to be the stupidest thing I've heard in ages. Local (small, non-chain) pharmacy has made all of their Covid home tests "not available" for curbside pick-up. They have some, two different brands, in stock - but you have to go into the building to buy them, they will no longer let you pick up curbside.

The reason? Too many people were only getting tests curbside and that's all, so they want those people to come inside.

So... the logic of ... I think I might have Covid, I have to go wait in line at the pharmacy??? Not cool.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I bet it's a staffing issue, everywhere is short staffed and they probably can't keep up with filling prescriptions, running the register etc and can't have someone running out to cars (and everyone is looking for tests right now). Probably the only benefit of working in a nursing home is I have access to unlimited tests (they let us take home tests if we suspect a family member has covid as they can't afford any of us exposed at home).

I get the frustration and yes, it doesn't make sense, but nothing does lately I feel!

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

OP here... nope, not a staff issue. They brought out my tissues, cold medicine, and DH's prescription - but refused to bring out the test kit. I had to re-park and go wait in line at the pharmacy; the tests are behind the counter.
    Thank goodness I was buying for a neighbor and it isn't me who was sick. I spent over twenty minutes in line.

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

That doesn't make sense. Those poor workers are just getting more exposure.

wendibird22 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

A friend in NC just shared the same thing. And he said it didn’t matter if it was cvs, Walgreens, etc. No buy online option for tests when you previously could. He wants them to test family before seeing his parents for Xmas. He spent half the day driving around to various pharmacies trying to find them in stock. App would say in stock but not available for online purchase and when he’d get there they wouldn’t have any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I also bet it’s a stock problem. They can’t guarantee it’ll be in stock so you have to go in. I can’t do pick up for tests here either (national chains)

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I don't think any stores here have them at all. We used all the ones I bought earlier this fall and I have been looking.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ezcc View Post
    I don't think any stores here have them at all. We used all the ones I bought earlier this fall and I have been looking.
    Sam’s has them online. ETA - sold out now but keep checking.

It's a stocking/customer anger issue. The test are in demand right now and several stores near me have systems where the item doesn't actually get removed from the online inventory until the order is picked and scanned. So you could order online, it says the item is in stock, 12 people go to the store and buy them out before your order is picked, and then it gets cancelled for you.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I get that this might be a symptom of the hardships that retail stores are going through right now but that just sounds like such a bad idea! If we're serious about stopping the spread of COVID we should make picking up rapid tests curbside possible!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast