Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    kali is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default easy serving suggestions for party meatballs?

I searched "meatballs" and found this thread from 2016: https://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sh...04#post4210904 It does feel like it's been that long since we socialized lol.

I'd like to serve the the TJ's party meatballs at a small gathering. Does anyone have tips? We cook/eat meat very infrequently so I have no clue. I have an Instant Pot if that helps.

Are you looking for ways to jazz up the TJs party meatballs, or serve as is? If you want to jazz them up a little bit, I often serve "grape jelly meatballs":

https://www.bunsinmyoven.com/grape-j...ontainer-27929

I know it sounds really gross (and I was hesitant when I first heard about the recipe on this site), but they are sweet and tangy and yummy. I make them often for my annual holiday cocktail party and just serve directly from the Instant Pot (used as a slow cooker).
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

I have not used to TJ’s brand before. But when I’ve made meatballs in the past, I use frozen meatballs, an 18 ounce jar of apricot jam and a bottle of barbecue sauce. I dump it all in a slow cooker and heat on high for about three hours.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

smilequeen is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I cook the frozen meatballs and then heat up a jar of grape jelly and a bottle of chili sauce. Add the meatballs. I might keep them warm in the Instant Pot
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

It sounds tasty, but what kind of chili sauce? Like Thai sweet chili sauce? With the grape jelly it seems like it would be too sweet.

So many options come up when I google "chili sauce"!

Quote Originally Posted by kali View Post
    It sounds tasty, but what kind of chili sauce? Like Thai sweet chili sauce? With the grape jelly it seems like it would be too sweet.

So many options come up when I google "chili sauce"!
    Something like this: https://www.heinz.com/product/00013000001120

Grape jelly by itself would be too sweet, but the chili sauce gives it a little tang. Think "sweet and sour" from a Chinese restaurant.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by wencit View Post
    Something like this: https://www.heinz.com/product/00013000001120

Grape jelly by itself would be too sweet, but the chili sauce gives it a little tang. Think "sweet and sour" from a Chinese restaurant.
    Yes, that's exactly what I buy

Is the chili sauce spicy? Trying to decide between the apricot jam and the grape jelly versions. It’s meant to be mainly for the kids

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Is the chili sauce spicy? Trying to decide between the apricot jam and the grape jelly versions. It’s meant to be mainly for the kids
    Not at all. I just did this for Christmas Eve with the TJ’s party meatballs. It was just 5 of us so I did 1 bag of meatballs and 1/2 Heinz chili sauce and 1/2 grape jelly. Everyone loves it and I laugh because it is the most unhealthy thing I make. For a larger group do 2 or even 3 bags of the meatballs. I put in oven for about 45 minutes but have also done in crock pot many times. It is all cooked so just needs time to simmer.

My kids love it. It’s basically the only reason I even make it This year, my 17 year old made it himself because he really wanted it.

But…they both sound delicious to me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast