Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Anybody Hearing from UC Schools??

DS admitted to UC Santa Cruz for his second choice major. Has not heard anything from Davis, Irivine, or San Diego. I am wondering if that means he didn't get in. Just wondering if others have heard by now????? Thanks.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I can find out about DD's BFF's older sibling tomorrow. I know they applied to several UCs. It sounds like the situation at Berkeley complicated things a bit this year!

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Congratulations to your son! I love that campus, it’s be like going to school everyday in a national park, it’s so beautiful. My daughter’s friend heard from UC Riverside yesterday. DS is a senior and waiting to hear back from his UCs, too. He applied everywhere except UCR and UC Merced. He’s attending a family event in Asia this week and probably hasn’t checked his portal. I’ll let him know to check about UCSC!

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Congratulations! They will come out in batches during March. Some regents decisions have already come out.

Dates: https://askmssun.com/uc-freshman-app...ine/#decisions

With the UCB ruling (https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/03/u...nrollment.html) there might be a delay with UCB decisions.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

UC school official decision date is March 22nd. UC Santa Cruz, however, is usually the first school to release decisions early. DS1 also got into UCSC last year several weeks before the official UC release date. Congratulations!!!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The usual UC acceptance date is around March 15th; has been for years (it was in 95 when I graduated as well). Good luck to everyone. The UC schools love admitting out of state kids though so I am sure he (and other out of staters will get in ) at one of the other schools as well. I just looked it up recently and Davis has almost a 50% acceptance rate which struck me as really high; it was soo competitive for many years, but I think it has been recently upped by Irvine. If he does get into Davis please PM me as I am from that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Congratulations! They will come out in batches during March. Some regents decisions have already come out.

Dates: https://askmssun.com/uc-freshman-app...ine/#decisions

With the UCB ruling (https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/03/u...nrollment.html) there might be a delay with UCB decisions.
    Here is a paywall free article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usn...Fcontext%3Damp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Thanks so much for the info--this board is the best!! We will look at March 15 as the date.

Annie--I saw numbers that Davis was accepting only 30 some percent of admissions. Still looks really competitive.

We did love the Santa Cruz campus. The issue is that this kid really, really wants to do Civil Engineering. They don't have that at Santa Cruz and he didn't get into Engineering there--got into Environmental Studies. (with the idea of getting a Masters in Urban Planning) He did get into Civil Engineering in 2 state schools plus a Colorado state school. Purdue also denied admit for engineering and is considering his application for Enviro Studies.

I think the idea that an 18 year old has to declare a major to get accepted into college is ridiculous. I understand that Engineering starts early and is a prescribed path. But it all seems a bit much. Granted, if my kids wanted to go to a SLACs, then they wouldn't have this issue. But they don't. So here we are!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My DS1 is also anxiously awaiting UC decisions, and to the same ones you asked about (Davis, Irvine, San Diego) plus Berkeley. I told him to start monitoring his email closely!
    I didn't check the links in PP, but I read yesterday that Berkeley plans to enroll the number of students they originally planned, but have 1500 of them start online only so they don't impact the housing issue in the lawsuit. Then when winter graduates leave, they can have those 1500 students move in and be on campus. That sounds like a horrible plan to me- telling freshmen that want to live there "congrats! You're in! Start paying us now and we'll see you in January!"

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    The UC schools love admitting out of state kids
    This is actually not true and all the UC schools are actively decreasing out of state admissions and enrollments.

"Nonresident students, who pay more in tuition, will be limited to 18% of the student body at those campuses, down from nearly 23%, according to state data."
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/univers...ts-11624923789

They are also increasing out of state tuition another $8000, leaving the out of state net cost to be around $65k a year.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast