Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by erosenst View Post
    I keep contemplating starting yoga...and this thread has me totally intrigued. Having said that - I'm recovering from a broken left foot and right fibula so...it will be a bit til I can start. Assume i can find this on YouTube when I'm ready and start in March (?) instead of January?
    Yes! All of her videos that she's ever made live on her youtube channel. So you will be able to find this 30 day series, as well as all of her past 30 day series there. She also posts to her website a monthly calendar that curates from her library and adds in a new video or two each month. So really you can start any time with any video you wish.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

LBW is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Day 12 done. I liked today's practice. Not too slow but not too swift. I totally thought she was going full crow and thought to myself it's too early in the 30 days for crow! So heads up to the newbies...crow pose is likely coming. She almost always puts crow in one of the days.

I also like the side to side knee move while in plank. She always does the touching of each arm with your knee but the back and forth from arm to arm was new to me.
    Ha! I’m unlikely to do crow pose anytime soon but I guess I’m glad she’s working up to it.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by LBW View Post
    Ha! I’m unlikely to do crow pose anytime soon but I guess I’m glad she’s working up to it.
    Don’t worry, I can’t do crow either. I just have this image of falling flat on my face….. I’ll work on perfecting eagle or something else instead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by LBW View Post
    I’m still struggling with tree pose. Crow is not happening here anytime soon!

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have no idea what crow is but given that I'm struggling with any sort of balancing, I'm pretty certain I won't be doing crow. Today's yoga was great...but I could not keep my leg lifted for that one position where you're in a sort of lunge. Ouch!!!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Day 12 done! I don’t have the coordination for the fire hydrant circles. Good thing I’m doing them at home and not in a studio!

Day 13 done and it was crow pose day. I can do crow but practiced this morning in my jammies and so no way my legs were staying put on my arms. So skipped it.
    For those interested in working up to crow practice (and I promise it is more about physics of balance then it is strength) Adriene has a video that is just teaching how to do crow. It's very step by step and shows how you can use a block to work up to it. Highly recommend if you aspire to crow.

I was glad today was a short video. When my alarm went off at 5:30am I was just dreading getting on the mat. Knowing I only had to give it 20mins was motivating lol.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Day 13 done and it was crow pose day. I can do crow but practiced this morning in my jammies and so no way my legs were staying put on my arms. So skipped it.
    For those interested in working up to crow practice (and I promise it is more about physics of balance then it is strength) Adriene has a video that is just teaching how to do crow. It's very step by step and shows how you can use a block to work up to it. Highly recommend if you aspire to crow.

I was glad today was a short video. When my alarm went off at 5:30am I was just dreading getting on the mat. Knowing I only had to give it 20mins was motivating lol.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I am usually in my pajamas when I did yoga with Adrienne, so I will blame that on my lack of crow pose

I should try that intro video one of these days while in better yoga clothes. I would like to conquer crow pose!

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

LBW is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Good to know! I’ll get there one day.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast