Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    First, congrats on your weight loss!
    I also had to change bra sizes after losing weight; the exercise actually built muscle mass and I needed a larger band size, but a smaller cup size due to losing fat. It's for sure worth getting fitted.
    I find myself using basic sports bras (no wire) the vast majority of the time now. Just mentioning it this because bras are expensive! You might not want to invest in new ones if your weight loss journey isn't over yet.
    It never occurred to me that my bra size would increase with weight loss! I should get a proper fitting before throwing away more money on bras. I feel so dumb for just sizing up and assuming it’s enough- I’ll hold onto those for now but they are washed so I don’t think I can return them.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

This morning I’m doing errands with a camisole and no bra LOL I definitely need some support, but at least it’s not itching!
    my current sports bras are tight fitting and synthetic fabrics.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

This morning I’m doing errands with a camisole and no bra LOL I definitely need some support, but at least it’s not itching!
    my current sports bras are tight fitting.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    ... I’ll hold onto those for now but they are washed so I don’t think I can return them.
    If there's a chapter/affiliate of I Support the Girls near you, you can donate them; they accept new/gently-used bras in addition to new, unopened packages of underpants, socks, and period products, that they turn around & donate to local social services organizations & domestic violence shelters to help support their clients in need.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Aishe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The problem with cotton bras is that the vast majority of them are still lined with synthetic materials (which makes absolutely no sense!). I've struggled with this for years.

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

In the past, my sister and I have had some of the same symptoms as you describe. Especially the itching. We found out that we had a fungal infection. Having larger breasts, which require good support leads to perspiration and a moist damp environment that is the perfect storm for that situation. The treatment was lotrimin and then as a preventative we use Zeasorb. It’s an anti fungal powder. In the winter, I just apply glide, but the second I feel the itch, I use the powder for a few days. It really helps after the first few days of treatment to start with brand new bras. It’s similar to when a baby has a fungal diaper rash and all the diaper cream you try doesn’t work! I’m not sure this will help, but it’s a different idea to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    If there's a chapter/affiliate of I Support the Girls near you, you can donate them; they accept new/gently-used bras in addition to new, unopened packages of underpants, socks, and period products, that they turn around & donate to local social services organizations & domestic violence shelters to help support their clients in need.
    Good to know. thanks!! I will definitely donate them
    If I can’t use them. I was first going to see if Soma still collects bras.

Quote Originally Posted by gamma View Post
    In the past, my sister and I have had some of the same symptoms as you describe. Especially the itching. We found out that we had a fungal infection. Having larger breasts, which require good support leads to perspiration and a moist damp environment that is the perfect storm for that situation. The treatment was lotrimin and then as a preventative we use Zeasorb. It’s an anti fungal powder. In the winter, I just apply glide, but the second I feel the itch, I use the powder for a few days. It really helps after the first few days of treatment to start with brand new bras. It’s similar to when a baby has a fungal diaper rash and all the diaper cream you try doesn’t work! I’m not sure this will help, but it’s a different idea to think about.
    Yes I had read about that.
    so I started wearing the sports bras, like a PP recommended, even though they are somewhat tight fitting and synthetic. That seems to do the job, so I’m thinking the problem might be a reaction to the True & Co. bras, compounded by the discomfort from wearing tight underwires.
    i do need to find something that gives me more support, so thanks for the suggestions. I should get refitted.

I suddenly remembered that I had these bra band extenders that I got during my pregnancy. The one I have is a bit big so I ordered some slightly smaller ones and now I’m able to use my new bras! They were just too tight. I’m using Arnica underneath my breasts every day and that has seemed to help with the healing from the previous irritation. So maybe that’s all there is to it??

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

A friend of mine mentioned she has bought only sports bras without underwires for her DD since she is allergic to nickel and one doctor felt the underwire could have contributed to a long lasting skin infection she experienced.
    K

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast