Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    I’d also talk to a financial advisor and someone familiar with disability laws. There has to be a way

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    This is definitely a field where you want someone knowledgeable. My estate planning attorney and his law partner both have expertise in financial/estate planning issues re: adults and children with special needs. (This hasn’t been relevant to my work with him, but he is clearly committed to clients for whom it is.)

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    Thank you all. I do have some money set aside for her in another account, and she does have a 529. It doesn't seem like she will be using that though, so we will transfer it to her sisters. I will contact an advisor.

Quote Originally Posted by squimp View Post
    I'm not big on other people investing in my kid's name, because I want to have all the documents and tax stuff come to me rather than having to bug them every year. You could have them give a gift and then you could set up a UTMA for them, or put it in a 529. For FAFSA, if the 529 is yours I believe it is included at your rate and not hers. Something to work out between you and your brother.

I just set up a UTMA for my daughter from a grandparent gift, we will oversee it and can give it to her anytime between age 18 and 25 in my state.
    Thank you. I understand your sentiment. The account would be under my name. That’s why I am doing all the research. I actually wish my brother would just handle everything though. Lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3