Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post

Also, I have issues with the scale. I don't plan on weighing myself. How will I know if I lose? I guess I will just be able to tell with the fit of my clothes/how I feel? If I am happy with that then that has to be good enough. I plan on having to keep to clean eating/working out regularly for the rest of my life to continue to feel good so if the scale moves or if it doesn't it shouldn't matter as I'm not trying for an immediate goal.
    Oh yeah, the days of eating like a garbage disposal are so over. I didn’t appreciate them nearly enough.

Way to go getting in shape and eating healthier! I just wanted to say that when I’m working hard to stick to my calories, I find the scale to be helpful. But is important to keep in mind a few things. When keeping track of your weight, it’s the overall trend that matters, not the individual readings. Some days are up, some are down. Could be due to water retention or whatever. To make the weight readings as comparable as possible, I only weigh myself on the same scale, at the same time every day. That for me is as soon as I get up in the morning, right after I go to the bathroom. If I've forgotten to weigh myself before I have breakfast; I don’t bother. Just wait until the next day. MFP is actually great for watching your weight trends. I also
    love it for watching the 7-day average because one bad day just kind blends into the other days I worked so hard. It’s really forgiving.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Out of quarantine and got to run some errands today! The fog is finally clearing. Yikes I was really out of it these last few days and didn’t realize how much.

today-
    breakfast- two good yogurt with Granny Smith apple and 2 pieces of oatmeal bake. Several mugs of hot herbal tea
    lunch- 2 tortilla wraps with cream cheese and probably 1.5-2cups raw veggies. I’ve been craving these. I probably need more protein though. Half cup milk with 2 Tablespoons nesquik for that chocolate craving
    snack- 4 cups light kettle corn, more hot tea
    No dinner, I’m not hungry.
    Calorie average 1144
    weight this morning 145.4lbs
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 01-21-2022 at 10:47 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Today was odd
    eggs breakfast
    peloton for 30 minutes
    then out for Mexican had chips and guacamole and nachos
    not sure on calories but thinking it was like 1500
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Gatorsmom - glad you are out of quarantine and feeling better!
    hillview - yum, guacamole!
    Bisous - I'm jealous of the fact that you had years where you could eat whatever you wanted! I've never been heavy, but it's hard to imagine a time that I wasn't watching. Maybe when I was 14 or 16? Definitely by college I was thinking about it. Sort of sad but I think the reality in our modern world of hyper palatable foods for a lot of us.

Anyway, skied this weekend again. Weather wasn't great. Super cold (-5 to 0 degrees F). Kids had some issues with that, so we called it early both yesterday and today. Made this instant pot chicken and biscuits with cream cheese and cream of chicken soup for dinner yesterday and my DS loved it. Due to not skiing that much, my legs felt pretty fresh when we got home so I jumped on for 30 min Peloton. Ordered some sushi for dinner.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Basil wow skiing go you!

today was solid berries and oatmilk yogurt (don’t recommend) and salmon and white rice and snap peas for dinner. i am shifting breakfast to lunch (skipping breakfast except for coffee and oatmilk) hope it drives my calories down. I got on the peloton today and instantly my knee hurt so I bailed on that (ARGH). Hope everyone had a great weekend!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

The food suggestions on here have my mouth watering. And way-to-go to everyone keeping up their cardio. Everyone is doing an admirable job.

saturday-
    breakfast- Apple & yogurt- lots of tea
    lunch- slice of pizza, more tea
    dinner-chicken nugget-veggie-tortilla wrap, oatmeal bake for dessert
    snack- light kettle chicka boom popcorn

Sunday-
    breakfast- 2 chocolate/coconut waffles with nothing on them, lots of tea
    Lunch- chocolate s’mores cookie, tortilla wrap with lots of veggies, bubblr
    dinner- tortilla wrap with veggies & cream cheese, half cup milk, bubblr
    7 day average of calories- 1225

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So I know it is kind of weird but I love Mondays. They feel fresh and quiet and full of promise, lol.

I am starting something new. I lift on MTW and Fs and on those days I'm not going to do IF because I want to make sure I'm getting enough nutrients to fuel my workouts. But I think I'm going to try to limit eating to an 8 hour window on Th, Sa and Su. Also, the weekend is trickiest for me to stick to my eating plan so making that window smaller will hopefully help.

For those of you who count calories on MFP or similar, what do you do when you know you're off the rails? I had a Friday like that. I was counting and knew I only had a few calories left and then that evening blew it all out of the water and I just stopped recording. Do you put it all in anyway?

Basil, I could and did eat anything and everything and everyone always said "watch out because you aren't always going to be able to do that" and that moment came to me in my early thirties but it has honestly gotten much harder progressively over the years. It must be hormones. I think some of the fittest people that I know that look and feel great have been the ones that always had to be a little careful. I think the idea of having something fun and active to do on the weekends (with your family!) sounds amazing. I need to try to involve my family in more activities like that. I've always loved weekends where we do a strenuous hike or the like.

Hillview, bummer that you knee hurts on the peloton. Is that part of the sciatica pain that you're feeling? Biking was always comfortable for my bum knee when almost everything else hurt. Are you able to do anything active without pain?

For those of you who count calories on MFP or similar, what do you do when you know you're off the rails? I had a Friday like that. I was counting and knew I only had a few calories left and then that evening blew it all out of the water and I just stopped recording. Do you put it all in anyway?
    I can only speak for myself but I do go over sometimes and I write it all down anyway. Other than raw veggies (which I rarely count in my daily calories to encourage eating more) and the odd 10-calorie candy or bite of cookie, I try to count every calorie. This might be cheating, but sometimes I add the calories to the next day knowing it will be a slower day and I will be able to cut back on my calories. Fortunately, if you have been doing well all week, then one day of going off the rails won't really do too much damage to the 7-day average and really that's the only thing that counts. Keep an eye on your average which you can find by going to More at the bottom of the Diary page on MFP, then go to Nutrition. You'll see the bar graph. If you touch the bar graph, your daily counts will show up and the numbers for the average will show up on top of the bars. You can swipe the bar graphs forward and backward to see the averages of each week. I always have my phone with me so it's easy to just log in my meals. Don't forget to give yourself credit for exercising too. That helps erase some calories.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    I can only speak for myself but I do go over sometimes and I write it all down anyway. Other than raw veggies (which I rarely count in my daily calories to encourage eating more) and the odd 10-calorie candy or bite of cookie, I try to count every calorie. This might be cheating, but sometimes I add the calories to the next day knowing it will be a slower day and I will be able to cut back on my calories. Fortunately, if you have been doing well all week, then one day of going off the rails won't really do too much damage to the 7-day average and really that's the only thing that counts. Keep an eye on your average which you can find by going to More at the bottom of the Diary page on MFP, then go to Nutrition. You'll see the bar graph. If you touch the bar graph, your daily counts will show up and the numbers for the average will show up on top of the bars. You can swipe the bar graphs forward and backward to see the averages of each week. I always have my phone with me so it's easy to just log in my meals. Don't forget to give yourself credit for exercising too. That helps erase some calories.
    Thanks for answering! Your post mentioned your 7 day average so I wondered if you managed to be pretty accurate despite days when sometimes I feel like maybe I'd rather not know? I think that will be one of my goals. Accuracy!

Thanks for answering! Your post mentioned your 7 day average so I wondered if you managed to be pretty accurate despite days when sometimes I feel like maybe I'd rather not know? I think that will be one of my goals. Accuracy!
    Another good reason for accuracy is you are less likely to quit adding your calories altogether if you commit to being honest and accurate. And I swear I read it here that even just counting your calories (even if your daily amounts are double what you were hoping for), will help you keep wait off. So just by keeping track, you will keep some wait off. So I’m other words, accuracy will help you keep your weight down. I’ll take any little trick that helps keep the weight from creeping on.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast