Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

MONDAY
    6 mile run
    Half mile walk
    Yoga

Lunch - salad
    Dinner - enchiladas, beans

Snack - cheese, pepperoni, pretzels, grapefruit x 2

Water - 66 Oz

Sleep -8.5 hours
    Last edited by jgenie; 01-25-2022 at 01:23 PM.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Wow you all are rocking. If I don’t count calories I fall into bad habits over time. I’m down 2 lbs since we started 2 weeks ago hurray! I needed to get way more strict and count it all. I also needed to focus more on what i eat that is filling and deal with being hungry a little. Today I did peloton and ate berries for breakfast with coffee and oatmilk, i tried some not great frozen meal thing and dinner is chicken and a salad and had popcorn as a snack. I agree counting calories and weighing is super useful for me. I make better progress although sometimes it sucks ha ha ha I do agree that weight one day isn’t a deal breaker.
    Jgenie nice job wish i could run 6 miles!
    gator glad you are feeling better! I wish i wasn’t hungry
    Bisus nice work on a new routine!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    I also needed to focus more on what i eat that is filling and deal with being hungry a little.
    I hate being hungry too. I tolerate it for about 15 minutes in the evening before I head to the fridge. In the morning I can go for hours before eating something so I make sure to leave plenty of calories for the end of my day. Cutting out your breakfast and adding it to the end of your day might help. Or you could eat your meals closer together.

Can you switch skim or 1% milk for the oatmilk you are drinking? Cows milk is lower calorie and more than double the protein for the same amount of oatmilk.

Before I was allergic to raw carrots they were the one sure fire thing I could snack on that was easy, tasty, crunchy and filled me up. I’d buy the bags of baby carrots and keep them near me most of the day. Apples work just as well too. Easy and filling. I also love baby radishes. We don’t get jicama near us in Wisconsin but when I lived in Texas I loved nibbling on that stuff. It goes great in a salad. All low in calorie.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

6 miles, good job jgenie!

hillview - nice job on the loss!

gatorsmom - I am a big fan of grape/cherry tomatoes for snacking. I also like red peppers and cucumbers but don't usually find the time to prep those.

Yesterday did 45 min Peloton
    Breakfast: protein shake, coffee
    Lunch: salmon, veggies
    Dinner: taco salad (a big one!)
    Dessert: chocolate

Today did another 45 min peloton ride, plus 5 min glutes and 10 min yoga/hip stretching
    Breakfast: coffee, protein shake
    Lunch: leftover chicken and broccoli
    Dinner: turkey burgers, zucchini, salad, maybe a few French fries

Asked DH to buy me the protein shakes to try to eat more for breakfast to avoid the white knuckle hungry feeling from 10-11, but not really successful. Oh well, at least I'm getting more protein.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I am finding that I'm HUNGRY in the morning, after I break my fast or even when I start eating around the time I work out. By contrast I'm hardly hungry at all in the afternoon. I think I'm going to load up in the mornings. I also feel like I need a little something sweet to eat each evening. I normally have a protein and veggie heavy dinner and I would not say I'm hungry at all after eating it. I just want a taste of something sweet. I need to find something small that satisfies that craving. But I am short on willpower with sweet stuff! I need something individually wrapped. Any suggestions?

Monday I did a core and lower body workout. Yesterday I did arms and upper back--it felt like a little bit of a repeat in some of the back work. Today's workout was supposed to be core and back again. I opted instead to do a mini abs workout and rest my back. It doesn't hurt at all, I just feel like those muscles got really cooked and need some recovery time. The five minute ab workout I did was intense!

TUESDAY

yoga
    30 minute HIIT

SNACKS - cheese, crackers, pistachios, grapefruit

DINNER - tacos, rice, beans

WATER - 44 oz

SLEEP - 7.5 hrs
    Last edited by jgenie; 01-26-2022 at 10:29 PM.

WEDNESDAY

yoga
    2 mile run
    Half mile walk

SNACKS - Frosted Flakes, banana, milk

DINNER - chili, rice, beans

WATER - 44 oz

SLEEP - 7.5 hrs
    Last edited by jgenie; 01-27-2022 at 12:11 PM.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I’ve been really impressed with how everyone here has been keeping up the exercising. It’s more than 21 days since we started our New Years fitness routine so I think they are officially a habit now. Good job!

I really need to get on the treadmill but clearly I am avoiding it. I feel pretty much healed from Covid so I don’t have an excuse. But my healthy eating and calorie counting is going well so I’m pretty pleased about that. my last two days are pretty similar meal-wise:
    breakfast- hot tea, yogurt, apple
    lunch- more hot tea, ham sandwich with swirl bread, lettuce and sliced tomatoes. Cup of 1% milk
    dinner- salad with chicken, half cup milk
    snack- lots of popcorn and lots of tea
    calorie average 1188
    weight yesterday and last Friday 145.4lbs
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Ok well so last 2 days I was working in the office and had customers from out of town to entertain so I both didn’t exercise or eat super well — but I did eat way better than I would have if we weren’t all doing this so there is that.
    Today is
    breakfast of fruit and coffee
    lunch of tuna and rice crackers
    dinner of a burger no bun and beans and salad
    likely some veggies here and there
    peloton tonight
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

duplicate
    Last edited by hillview; 01-28-2022 at 01:42 PM.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast