Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Spin off: eating and working out accountability thread

Anyone want to play — exercise and eating accountability?
    I am trying to lose 10 lbs
    Exercise
    Walked 5600 steps up and down hills 281 calories

Breakfast
    • Coffee and oat milk x 3
    • Hard boiled eggs x 2
    • Grapes

Lunch/Snack
    • can of tuna and light mayo
    • bag of skinny pop

Dinner/dessert
    • Homemade chili and a little cheese
    • vodka soda
    • 2 squares of dark chocolate

Ate 1300 calories
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’ll join!

I need to get my eating on track. Will start tomorrow.

Exercise

Day 3 Yoga with Adrienne

30 minute HIIT workout

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Count me in. I’m having a hard time getting started. I am also trying to lose 10 pounds by keeping my daily calorie account at 1200. According to my registered dietitian (and the My Fitness Pal app), to lose weight I need to keep my calories intake around 1200. For maintenance, I can eat 1450 calories. Today I ate 2100. I do pretty well until I come across some forgotten sugary Christmas treat the kids didn’t eat. I’m craving sugar.

I never really did much exercise after I recovered from ankle surgery over a year ago but I need to start walking on the treadmill again. I should probably see a physical therapist too, since my ankle is bothering me.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Count me in
    goal: Lose 10lbs
    ate: a ton of crap. Breakfast: fried egg Lunch: eggplant and chickpea salad, 2 hunks of French bread with butter dinner: pack of Doritos!! Snack: chocolate
    Exercise: 30 mins walk, 10 mins muscle
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Yea! So my plan today
    exercise —peloton for 30 mins
    breakfast — oatly and coffee, 2 hard boiled eggs
    lunch — tuna and light mayo and grapes
    snack — apple
    dinner — WAS going to be a hamburger/bun/beans but after looking that up am going with left over chili and some shredded cheese and a vodka soda
    total calories 1280
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Yea! So my plan today
    exercise —peloton for 30 mins
    breakfast — oatly and coffee, 2 hard boiled eggs
    lunch — tuna and light mayo and grapes
    snack — apple
    dinner — WAS going to be a hamburger/bun/beans but after looking that up am going with left over chili and some shredded cheese and a vodka soda
    total calories 1280
    This sounds like a healthy plan. My day will likely not be as healthy. I’m hosting book club and serving dinner (a healthy green salad with Italian take out- risotto, fettuccine Alfredo, and linguine. My family will eat the leftovers the rest of the week. Also making bread pudding because it was requested by the book club moms. Those will NOT be healthy leftovers. ) I can plan for the day but who knows what temptation I’ll give into for dinner.

However, You have inspired me to get off my duff and start walking on the treadmill. Going to do that right now…
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'll play.

I am about to hop on a 45 peloton power zone endurance ride. I may try to add in strength or a walk later if my work schedule allows.

I do IF. I will have tuna fish on toast for lunch. Maybe a bit of vegetable soup too.

For dinner...I don't know. My kids will be with their dad. I don't have the energy to make something healthy. I could see myself having a frozen pizza. Clearly, not that healthy.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I’ll try.

Working out is my easy thing, I’m in that habit.

Eating right though…that’s my weakness. I have such a sweet tooth.

It’s early, so all I’ve had today is a skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks. I’m not much of a breakfast person so I really need to just do IF. I have a very busy late morning/early afternoon, so I’m going to stick a protein bar in my bag for when I get hungry and take my water bottle with me.

I have a healthy chef who makes a few meals for me every week and she made curry chicken for us for tonight. I’ll eat it with cauliflower rice. My boys will eat it with regular rice.

I have a run on my treadmill scheduled for late afternoon/evening when things settle down.

Now, just to avoid the tendency to snack…
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I got in my yoga workout this morning. Hoping I can sneak in a quick run on the treadmill while kids are in zoom.

Lunch - tuna sandwich, cucumbers, mandarin orange

Dinner - chili - need to add a veggie - maybe sweet potato - didn’t add the veggie in the scramble to get dinner on the table. The black beans in the chili was it.

30 minutes on the treadmill before dinner.
    Last edited by jgenie; 01-05-2022 at 09:29 PM.

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Goal: make it through!
    5 am: 45 min peloton app ride, 15 min bench press and squats
    Breakfast: Coffee, premier protein shake
    Lunch: ground turkey/veg stir fry I meal prepped this weekend with shredded cabbage, zucchini, broccoli, with some leftover broccoli rabe added in
    Snack: plain Fage yogurt
    Dinner: Shrimp, tomato sauce, zucchini noodles, maybe a little bit of pasta (have to cook for kids), and a salad (mixed greens, roasted squash, pumpkin seeds, few dried cranberries, balsamic vinegar)
    Dessert: hopefully just berries, but haven't been able to resist the chocolate lately and we have so much leftover from Xmas gifts
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast