Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Ok since we started I’m ~18lbs down. I’d like to lose another 5 …
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Ok since we started I’m ~18lbs down. I’d like to lose another 5 …
    That is awesome!!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Ok since we started IÂ’m ~18lbs down. IÂ’d like to lose another 5 Â…
    . That is fantastic!! Way to go!!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh my gosh Hillview amazing! That's such an accomplishment. Keep us updated on those last 5 pounds. Those are sometimes the hardest and I'm always happy to hear tips on how you end up managing it.

Gatorsmom, you've got this! The treadmill sounds like it is one of your best keys to success. What a great find for your lifestyle and climate!

Jgenie, I like your attitude a lot. I hope you had a great time on your vacations and I'm excited to hear about your progress in running and yoga.

Basil, your nieces seizure sounds so scary. I hope you are all feeling well. Love reading about your workouts.

I'm a little off my game due to shenanigans with UTIs and bad antibiotic reactions. But I'm moving forward and feeling up to working out. I've decided I'm going to add more walking to my routine. I love walking. I often feel guilty doing it because it is a "slow" activity that I do in that it takes up precious hours in my work week. But I decided I'm going to cut way back on social media and use that time to walk instead. Walking makes me feel great mentally but I also think that it helps even me out with all my intensive strength training workouts. The workouts build muscle and the walking emphasizes correct motion throughout the day if that makes sense.

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Hillview - WTG!! That's amazing!

Bisous, glad you are feeling better. Walking is great exercise! You were totally right about the Kirkland bars. The chocolate brownie/cookie dough variety is much better.

Gatorsmom and jgenie - good job bouncing back from spring break. I hate being worried about diet on vacation, so I always pick up a few pounds. Those tend to come off pretty easily if I get back into routine afterwards though, since I think it's probably a fair bit of water.

I am plugging along with my usual routine. Lots of 45 min bike sessions and some strength and core most days. I've never before done much dedicated core work because I am naturally really weak there, so I'm happy that I am seeing results in my ability to do some of the exercises now that I couldn't do before, like full planks and tuck ups.

Diet has also been the same. I seem to be losing about 0.5 lb per week pretty consistently. I am eating a protein shake for breakfast, a protein bar for lunch, and a fairly routine dinner -
    Monday: salmon/broccoli/cauli rice
    Tuesday: turkey taco salad
    Wednesday: zucchini noodles, turkey pasta sauce
    Thursday: turkey burger salad
    Friday: out to dinner or take out
    Saturday: grilled chicken thighs, zucchini
    Sunday: whatever looks good at the fish market

It sounds very regimented when I type it out, but I am noticing that shopping and planning is easier because I don't have to think too much. Plus I am not pleading with my kids to eat something new.

I'm down about 6 lbs since New Years.

We leave for Hawaii in 2 weeks, and then I just booked a trip to Florida to meet up with my cousins for June. These cousins are very sweet people, but just so different from me. They live in the south, they are tall and blonde and thin and tan and outgoing. They are all SAHMs whose social media feeds seem to suggest they live really great lives. Growing up I was always the oddball - pale, dorky, nerdy, and quirky as compared to their cheerleading/popular type. So I have to do a lot of work in making myself emotionally ready to be hanging out in my bathing suit at the pool with them in a few months and NOT feel like that same dorky/nerdy/mousy kid hanging on to a bunch of cool girls! I'll be watching Bisous's spray tan post carefully For now it's motivating me to work out more and harder though, and though I would hate for my daughter to know I felt that way, that's what it is.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post

We leave for Hawaii in 2 weeks, and then I just booked a trip to Florida to meet up with my cousins for June. These cousins are very sweet people, but just so different from me. They live in the south, they are tall and blonde and thin and tan and outgoing. They are all SAHMs whose social media feeds seem to suggest they live really great lives. Growing up I was always the oddball - pale, dorky, nerdy, and quirky as compared to their cheerleading/popular type. So I have to do a lot of work in making myself emotionally ready to be hanging out in my bathing suit at the pool with them in a few months and NOT feel like that same dorky/nerdy/mousy kid hanging on to a bunch of cool girls! I'll be watching Bisous's spray tan post carefully For now it's motivating me to work out more and harder though, and though I would hate for my daughter to know I felt that way, that's what it is.
    Wait a minute, Basils, aren’t you a doctor? Or a higher up in healthcare? Believe me, those women who make you feel insecure would give anything to have your brain and accomplishments. People listen to you. People respect what you say. Being pretty and popular might have been fun in middle and high school, but they wish they had the power and ability you have. Even if they are married to a rockstar husband that doesn’t trump your hand. You are smart and important and saving lives. That beats “pretty” ANY DAY. It’s time you saw yourself the way the rest of the world sees you. Seriously- enjoy it!
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 04-01-2022 at 03:50 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Wait a minute, Basils, aren’t you a doctor? Or a higher up in healthcare? Believe me, those women who make you feel insecure would give anything to have your brain and accomplishments. People listen to you. People respect what you say. Being pretty and popular might have been fun in middle and high school, but they wish they had the power and ability you have. Even if they are married to a rockstar husband that doesn’t trump your hand. You are smart and important and saving lives. That beats “pretty” ANY DAY. It’s time you saw yourself the way the rest of the world sees you. Seriously- enjoy it!
    100% agree. You are a rock star. As my dad says, go with confidence. You have earned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks, you guys are sweet. I know you are right! My grandparents bought this time share on the beach back in the early 1980s. So we would go there every year and meet up with that side of the family, who we rarely saw otherwise since they lived across the country. My grandparents passed away but the time share is still in the family. It is HARD not to be that same kid I was back in the day, 25 or 35 years ago, when nothing else has changed.

I have been experimenting with self-tanning lotion. My stomach looks flatter, I love it! Ha!

Back to workouts though -
    Over the weekend did a 75 min ride on Saturday along with some upper body lifting. Yesterday mostly yoga with a bit of pilates. Today had a 45 min ride, 10 min core, and 30 min lower body lifting.

Ate too much on Friday night (sushi take out) and woke up feeling a little nauseated. I shouldn't over do it like that. Saturday had grilled chicken, and yesterday made some sea bass. Now back on our normal weekly rotation.

Happy Monday, everyone!
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m reviving this thread because I do so much better with accountability.

Monday - 8 mile run I had to walk a bit but it was 8 miles!!
    1 mile walk

Snack - Apple, Prosciutto
    Dinner - pork tostada, rice, grapefruit

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I’m reviving this thread because I do so much better with accountability.

Monday - 8 mile run I had to walk a bit but it was 8 miles!!
    1 mile walk

Snack - Apple, Prosciutto
    Dinner - pork tostada, rice, grapefruit
    Wow, 8 miles! WAY TO GO! That's incredible!

The last 2 weeks for me have be slowly getting more and more hectic with events and trips coming up. I'm still keeping track of my daily calories but I've been doing very little to restrict them. And this weekend I ate SO BADLY. But man, I enjoyed every bit of it. Today I'm back on track with eating healthy, walking and attempting to lose some weight. I'm still bummed that I didn't lose any January or February. I am not sure why I didn't. I almost always do during those months. The only thing I can think of is that my metabolism is slowing down and I need to restrict my calories more. A good friend of mine is a dietician and she performed the metabolism test on me about 5 years ago. She thinks I should have it redone to get an accurate measure of how many calories I should consume to stay healthy but lose weight. I should make that appointment soon....

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast