Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Currently in Hawaii so not really working out and definitely eating a lot. Will be back at it next week, hope this thread is here when we get back so I don’t let jet lag get in the way of my momentum

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Currently in Hawaii so not really working out and definitely eating a lot. Will be back at it next week, hope this thread is here when we get back so I don’t let jet lag get in the way of my momentum
    How exciting!! Enjoy your time away!!

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Wow, 8 miles! WAY TO GO! That's incredible!

The last 2 weeks for me have be slowly getting more and more hectic with events and trips coming up. I'm still keeping track of my daily calories but I've been doing very little to restrict them. And this weekend I ate SO BADLY. But man, I enjoyed every bit of it. Today I'm back on track with eating healthy, walking and attempting to lose some weight. I'm still bummed that I didn't lose any January or February. I am not sure why I didn't. I almost always do during those months. The only thing I can think of is that my metabolism is slowing down and I need to restrict my calories more. A good friend of mine is a dietician and she performed the metabolism test on me about 5 years ago. She thinks I should have it redone to get an accurate measure of how many calories I should consume to stay healthy but lose weight. I should make that appointment soon....
    Thanks!! I can commiserate on the not losing front. I do think our age has a big part in it. I bought a ton of veggies today. Need to prep and cook them today so I have healthy options at each meal.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I am treading water at 168 down from 188 in December. I’d like to find another 5 lbs but it seems I’m not committed totally to that but I will get there!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    I am treading water at 168 down from 188 in December. I’d like to find another 5 lbs but it seems I’m not committed totally to that but I will get there!
    That is awesome!! I’m going to keep at in hopes I make some progress.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Just got back from vacay. We walked an average of 8 miles a day touring Washington DC, lol (one day we did 14!) BUT although I ate moderately, I didn't carefully count or track my food. I came home puffy--probably from eating a lot more carbs and salt as we ate out a lot. I am still moving forward with my plans to drop some weight around my middle section.

I am encouraged to add more walking. It takes time and time is in short supply around here but it feels like a way to improve physical and mental health all in one. I feel like if I put the time in now it will be worth it. I also want to just add more veggies and quality protein and to get really serious about trying to lose the last ten pounds or so.

Honestly, I have a family wedding in about 5 weeks (maybe 4.5?) and I'd like to lose 5 pounds by then. Might be unrealistic. I'm not willing to starve but I do think that since it is a small time frame maybe I can manage to motivate myself to really stick to my goals and we'll see. I'm going to focus on keeping my calories tracked, walking more, keeping up with the weight training and doubling down on sleep. I can't see a lot of areas in my life to cut stress--I think I'm just going to try to stay super positive. It is amazing how much I feel like my mental health has improved since I've gotten home from my trip. I feel like my pile might be bigger than ever after 5 days of traveling but somehow I'm less daunted by it!

Sounds like a great trip, Bisous! I have a similar goal to lose another 5 lbs by the end of June.

I am struggling to get back into routine since getting back from Hawaii. Today was fine, eating-wise, but I wasn't able to get my morning workout in this morning due to sleeping later due to jet lag. I didn't fall asleep until 2 am last night, and I'm normally asleep by 8:30-9, so I couldn't wake up at 5 like usual! I am sleepy tonight though, hopefully I'll get back on track. Haven't weighed since the trip.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

So I've got like a "deadline" and I think it is helping me stay motivated. I lost a bunch of weight in 2018 following a program (basically a hack of the Optavia program). I think I'm going to go back and do that. I felt great while I was doing it. I didn't like that it was only one real meal a day (and lots of replacement bars). I mean I DID like it because I like those bars, lol, but I think it should be more whole foods. I've been playing around in MFP to see if I can replicate the nutrition from those meals and do a super healthy breakfast, two meal replacement bars, and dinner.

Think like, 3 eggs and 3 servings of sauteed veggies for breakfast, or greek yogurt and berries smoothie. Maybe 5 oz low fat ground turkey over romaine or 6 oz of grilled chicken with a spinach salad and a low calorie dressing for dinner. Then at some point during the day eating half a meal replacement bar four times a day?

I'm dialing up the sleep. Got a lot going on this month so that will help me manage the stress which always seems to undermine my hard work. Loving exercise and trying to listen to my body. I do lower body Monday, upper body Tuesday, core on Wednesday, barre for any missing muscle groups Thursday, and full body on Friday. I am trying to walk 4-5 times a week. I'm thinking I can do 30 minutes? Lots of water!

So far so good today! Can't say enough good things about the exercise program I'm following. I just feel so strong, no sore joints or tweaked traps, and I just love doing them!

Never heard of Optavia! I'm sure you can replicate the macros of bars with food but it would undoubtedly be more work. Actually if it's the Costco bars you mentioned, it may be tricky to get that amount of fiber without getting more carbs. I think they are supplemented with fiber (soluble corn fiber is second on the ingredient list). And I think you'd have to go for egg whites to replicate the amount of protein without adding extra fat.

Last week was really tough in terms of exercise. The jet lag was killing me! And I have always struggled with returning to an exercise routine after a break. I just procrastinate it with "oh, well, one more day won't matter, I'll just restart tomorrow" Blah blah But I got back on the bike this weekend, and restarted at least doing core and barre classes on the peloton app. Biked this morning even though it took a lot to get myself to start, and actually got the highest output I've ever managed for a 45 min ride. Haven't picked up the weights yet, maybe tomorrow.

I'm down 7-8 lbs since January, but the pace picked up in the past month or so. I was looking at some old photos from 2018 yesterday and noticed that I looked really fit. Looked up my weight history and I was only 6 lbs lighter than now. So I feel like that's a good goal for now!

Hope everyone else is doing well!
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Never heard of Optavia! I'm sure you can replicate the macros of bars with food but it would undoubtedly be more work. Actually if it's the Costco bars you mentioned, it may be tricky to get that amount of fiber without getting more carbs. I think they are supplemented with fiber (soluble corn fiber is second on the ingredient list). And I think you'd have to go for egg whites to replicate the amount of protein without adding extra fat.

Last week was really tough in terms of exercise. The jet lag was killing me! And I have always struggled with returning to an exercise routine after a break. I just procrastinate it with "oh, well, one more day won't matter, I'll just restart tomorrow" Blah blah But I got back on the bike this weekend, and restarted at least doing core and barre classes on the peloton app. Biked this morning even though it took a lot to get myself to start, and actually got the highest output I've ever managed for a 45 min ride. Haven't picked up the weights yet, maybe tomorrow.

I'm down 7-8 lbs since January, but the pace picked up in the past month or so. I was looking at some old photos from 2018 yesterday and noticed that I looked really fit. Looked up my weight history and I was only 6 lbs lighter than now. So I feel like that's a good goal for now!

Hope everyone else is doing well!
    Good job on your weight loss! 6 pounds definitely sounds like it is within reach. You'll get back into the exercise bug. Adjusting to the jet lag is a serious amount of stress on your body so it is natural to feel tired and blah.

You're so right about not being able to replicate the fiber in the bars. But I am still having 2 a day and I try just to add a lot of roughage in the form of veggies and figure that has to help!

I'm on day 2 or 3 of eating like this and I forget how good I feel. No bloating, less hunger, and just an overall feeling of satisfaction. I wonder if it is because this is moderately low carb? Anyway, I feel fantastic.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast