Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Maybe a bit of a hijack, but I can't really write about this elsewhere right now.

My entire team of OR nurses quit rather than be deployed to the hospital/ICU. My surgery center is closed and I am suspicious it may not open back up ever. The PACU is an extra ICU.

30% of my outpatient staff was out COVID+ today. I had to cancel 75% of my clinic for next week since I will have no staff. I'm putting people on double triple backup calls because I'm worried they'll go out sick. I am trying to be an upbeat leader but I am so demoralized myself.

It's March 2020 all over again, sort of. But then, when you cancelled patients' appointments, they'd say "oh god bless you and stay safe!" now they are just bewildered like "why does this dr/office suck so much and why are they so lazy?". I spent hours explaining to people today that really, I would LOVE to do their surgery next week. REALLY, I WOULD! I can't. It's agonizing.

So I didn't eat breakfast except for coffee. I left early because we had a big snowstorm. I came home early and did a boxing video with DS. Not my favorite exercise. So I followed it up with 45 min PZ ride.

Lunch was leftover turkey kale soup.

Tonight I'm having a drink and ordering out.

Tomorrow, 90 min PZ ride.

I am so, so sorry! How can people be so selfish?? I will say this for the idiots who don’t appreciate you- God Bless you and stay safe!!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Basil and other who feel stressed. I know fitness might not be the foremost on your mind right now. I am so sorry for the strain which is above and beyond anything I've been feeling lately.

I will say that my favorite fitness expert right now makes a big point of emphasizing that when your body is under a lot of stress, difficult and intense exercise routines might detract from your fitness goals. She always says if you haven't gotten good sleep, it is better to sleep in and get an extra hour of rest than to strain your body. Her big point is that building muscle (which improves metabolism and hence body composition) requires both straining the muscle AND rest and if the rest isn't there because of stress, poor nutrition, bad sleep etc. intense exercise might be counterproductive.

Of course if it feels better for your stress then carry on! I just want anyone reading to hear that the right choice for you might be to take it easy rather than to hit the gym.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Maybe a bit of a hijack, but I can't really write about this elsewhere right now.

My entire team of OR nurses quit rather than be deployed to the hospital/ICU. My surgery center is closed and I am suspicious it may not open back up ever. The PACU is an extra ICU.

30% of my outpatient staff was out COVID+ today. I had to cancel 75% of my clinic for next week since I will have no staff. I'm putting people on double triple backup calls because I'm worried they'll go out sick. I am trying to be an upbeat leader but I am so demoralized myself.

It's March 2020 all over again, sort of. But then, when you cancelled patients' appointments, they'd say "oh god bless you and stay safe!" now they are just bewildered like "why does this dr/office suck so much and why are they so lazy?". I spent hours explaining to people today that really, I would LOVE to do their surgery next week. REALLY, I WOULD! I can't. It's agonizing.

So I didn't eat breakfast except for coffee. I left early because we had a big snowstorm. I came home early and did a boxing video with DS. Not my favorite exercise. So I followed it up with 45 min PZ ride.

Lunch was leftover turkey kale soup.

Tonight I'm having a drink and ordering out.

Tomorrow, 90 min PZ ride.
    Sending you positive thoughts! People can be awful. I had a woman yell at me at Costco yesterday. The older woman in front of me had trouble with her shopping cart and stopped all of a sudden. I hit the brakes so I wouldn’t hit her and the woman behind me went off on me for stopping in the middle of the aisle. I told her Costco the day before a snow storm was not the place to be if she was in a hurry.

Today wasn’t great but I did get some veggies roasted for tomorrow. The green beans were so good DH and I ate them with dinner tonight.

Breakfast - snow day here so I had French toast with DC. Bowl of berries to go with it.

Lunch - ham and cheese sandwich - rushing to get out to sled before DS1s booster appointment

Dinner - enchiladas and roasted green beans

Snacks - an orange and banana bread

Exercise - 30 minutes of yoga and 1 hour of sledding

Water - 44 Oz - really trying to be closer to 66 Oz

Sleep - up too late - earlier tonight

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Yesterday didn’t go as planned.

Breakfast-
    yogurt & Apple slices

lunch-
    seafood enchiladas with Dh at local restaurant. They were delicious and fresh but smothered in cheese sauce. I ate half of them.

snack-
    3 cups popcorn

lots of soda.

I’m hoping my food choices today are healthier.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

yesterday was good until it wasn't. I biked for 30 mins on the Peloton and ate well until dinner. Then I had 2 cocktails and a boat load of sushi. I don't even know what the calories were 1000 plus whatever all the sushi was.

Today I am debating a walk or peloton (oddly walking seems to hurt my hip more than the low impact peloton). And I need to make a meal plan
    Right now the plan looks like
    coffee with oatmilk
    a protein shake
    lunch of ham and cheese roll up
    dinner thinking make burgers for the kids and grill a chicken breast for me

As of yesterday I had lost a couple lbs -- am sure some of that was erased last night and some was water so thinking maybe a lb.

Wish me luck!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I've done poorly during covid due to work stress. I finally changed jobs and that work stress is not there, but I need to get myself back into some sort of workout routine. Eating wise, I usually do ok. We don't have a microwave at my new workplace, so I'm breaking out my mini crockpot bento, so I don't sick of salads everyday. I've also prepared ahead of time protein for salads, that I can just pull out from the freezer. I only drink water at work, have a bubbly at lunch and it works out well.

For my workout I need to keep it varied and interesting. Walking is my favorite but also most time consuming, and due to darkness and winter before and after work, unless I do a treadmill, it's probably not a good exercise for the winter. I'm going to have to focus on videos and I have a desk bike that is not at all fancy, but will do for occasional use.

I need to lose about 20 lbs. If I spread this out over six months that means trying to lose about 3.5 lbs a month will get me there.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

we went to ramen for lunch so obviously ate out a lot there, but i didn't eat anything for breakfast. dinner was premade vegan curry dish that is 430 cals (from my local vegan meal service

i did various Peloton workouts on my Tread+ since DD had a couple friends over for finishing up their science project in the livinng room (where the Bike is)

I did 15 minutes of Jess Sim's "INtro to Tread Bootcamp" that was from yesterday i think (Friday?) and then 30 minutes of Jess Sims Tread Bootcamp from October 2019 (it was one that was listed as "Beginner" as it was no running).

OMG. Tthe 15 min Intro to Tread Bootcamp was insane. I assumed it was Beginner level due to the "intro" title but it was not. It was running like 2 minutes in and i was not prepared for that! LOL.
    I really liked the 30 minute Bootcamp from 2019 though. I book marked it. Tread part was all walking (fast, at high speed, on high incline). Man it was surreal/weird though, and the music... only like 2 years ago but like it was from a totally different era, and we had no idea how things would change in few months.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    I've done poorly during covid due to work stress. I finally changed jobs and that work stress is not there, but I need to get myself back into some sort of workout routine. Eating wise, I usually do ok. We don't have a microwave at my new workplace, so I'm breaking out my mini crockpot bento, so I don't sick of salads everyday. I've also prepared ahead of time protein for salads, that I can just pull out from the freezer. I only drink water at work, have a bubbly at lunch and it works out well.

For my workout I need to keep it varied and interesting. Walking is my favorite but also most time consuming, and due to darkness and winter before and after work, unless I do a treadmill, it's probably not a good exercise for the winter. I'm going to have to focus on videos and I have a desk bike that is not at all fancy, but will do for occasional use.

I need to lose about 20 lbs. If I spread this out over six months that means trying to lose about 3.5 lbs a month will get me there.
    i hear you on the work stress. my job was insane in October-December (working 50-60 hrs a week most weeks, and then 2 work trips) and it affect my sleep and health. I worked mostly from home but i know i ate badly and didn't work out as much. I'm amazed i didn't get sick at all. Over the break i realized how much better it feels to have good sleep and not be constantly on edge! I have the same job but now i think i have better discipline about setting limits

and yes, walking is tough in the winter - i need to use my tread more. i find if i break it up into portions (15 min walking, 15 min core workout or bootcamp for example, 10 min walking) it is a lot easier.

30 minute yoga

Water - 44 Oz
    Lunch - chili and rice
    Dinner - cereal and banana
    Snack - berries, popcorn

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast