Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

WEDNESDAY

3 mile run
    Yoga

I made it to Costco today. Loaded up on fresh fruits and veggies. I prepped most of the fruit when I got home then prepped the veggies when I was making dinner. I roasted green beans, Brussels sprouts and butternut squash for dinner and made a lentil soup! I have roasted veggies to snack on for the next few days!

Lunch- chicken, bread, cheese, tomatoes

Dinner - roasted veggies and lentil soup

Water - 44 Oz

Sleep -

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by jgenie; 01-19-2022 at 11:16 PM.

gatorsmom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Yesterday-
    breakfast-Luna bar, two good meyer lemon flavor and half cup blueberries
    lunch- scrambled eggs mixed with veggies tossed with hummus wrapped in lettuce leafs
    dinner- cup grapes and piece of oatmeal bake
    snack- 2 cups Chickaboom pop
    calories-1252

Today-
    breakfast- two good yogurt & Grannysmith apple
    lunch- veggies tossed with hummus wrapped in low-carb tortilla and another veggie tossed with cream cheese wrapped in low-carb tortilla
    dinner- salad of some sort....

7-day calorie average ~1180
    weight at 145.2lbs

2 Days left of quarantine....
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

hillview is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Gator how are you feeling?

1500 calories today. Sigh. No exercise hip hurting. So well. Not a great day.

In other news the scale said I am down a couple lbs.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sorry you are hurting, Hillview, but good work on getting the scale to move!

Did 60 min Peloton this AM.
    Breakfast: coffee
    Lunch: leftover turkey burger, roasted veggies, tomatoes, raspberries
    Dinner: shrimp, tomato sauce, zucchini noodles, maybe a bit of pasta
    Dessert: fruit, maybe chocolate

I am also down a few pounds since the start of Jan, despite not counting calories. Someone at work commented on it yesterday which I actually hate, even though I know they are well meaning. I do not like feeling like people are noticing my body, esp since I wear scrubs every day!
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

gatorsmom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post

I am also down a few pounds since the start of Jan, despite not counting calories. Someone at work commented on it yesterday which I actually hate, even though I know they are well meaning. I do not like feeling like people are noticing my body, esp since I wear scrubs every day!
    I think their noticing your weight loss probably says more about them than you. I honestly don’t think it’s possible to notice a drop of 5 pounds. And is is possible that any of us have been able to lose more than that in this short time? We all seem to be eating and exercising in a very healthy way.

I’m feeling a lot better but I’m still in a terrible fog from the dang COVID19. One more day of quarantine! I’m itching to get out.

today’s data-
    breakfast-slept through it, then hot tea with Splenda
    Late lunch- 2 tortilla wraps with microwaved eggs, chopped veggies and some cream cheese. Lots of hot tea, piece of oatmeal bake for dessert
    dinner (??)- salad with breaded chicken pieces, red grapes
    calorie average for 7 days: 1190
    weight today: 144.8lbs
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    I think their noticing your weight loss probably says more about them than you. I honestly don’t think it’s possible to notice a drop of 5 pounds. And is is possible that any of us have been able to lose more than that in this short time? We all seem to be eating and exercising in a very healthy way.

I’m feeling a lot better but I’m still in a terrible fog from the dang COVID19. One more day of quarantine! I’m itching to get out.
    They definitely can't tell if I can hardly tell! I don't weigh myself consistently, but at most I'm 3-4 lbs down. Grr.

Sorry you're still feeling sick. Hope you feel better soon and get out of the house once quarantine is over!

Today:
    60 min Peloton ride
    Breakfast: coffee
    Lunch: ground turkey, peas, tomatoes, raspberries
    Dinner: will pick up a pizza on our way up skiing
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think I want to jump in here. I have not been logging on here but I do feel like I've been working on getting my nutrition and fitness dialed in. Boy, I had no idea how good I had it up through my 30s. I was like a garbage disposal and could put anything away and still stay so slim. I'm 45 now and I'd like to lose about 10 pounds. I think my BMI is 22 so I'm not overweight on most official counters. I feel good. Great even. But I also feel a little better 10 pounds slimmer. I lost about 20 to 25 pounds in 2018 and kept it off until March of 2020. After which point I had a slow creep of ten pounds. Frustratingly, that was despite not really going off the rails on diet or exercise.

Also, I have issues with the scale. I don't plan on weighing myself. How will I know if I lose? I guess I will just be able to tell with the fit of my clothes/how I feel? If I am happy with that then that has to be good enough. I plan on having to keep to clean eating/working out regularly for the rest of my life to continue to feel good so if the scale moves or if it doesn't it shouldn't matter as I'm not trying for an immediate goal.

I'll be working on my accountability to continue with my lifting, getting enough rest, and trying to fuel my body with the best quality foods. I like reading about what you do and how you are feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I think I want to jump in here. I have not been logging on here but I do feel like I've been working on getting my nutrition and fitness dialed in. Boy, I had no idea how good I had it up through my 30s. I was like a garbage disposal and could put anything away and still stay so slim. I'm 45 now and I'd like to lose about 10 pounds. I think my BMI is 22 so I'm not overweight on most official counters. I feel good. Great even. But I also feel a little better 10 pounds slimmer. I lost about 20 to 25 pounds in 2018 and kept it off until March of 2020. After which point I had a slow creep of ten pounds. Frustratingly, that was despite not really going off the rails on diet or exercise.

Also, I have issues with the scale. I don't plan on weighing myself. How will I know if I lose? I guess I will just be able to tell with the fit of my clothes/how I feel? If I am happy with that then that has to be good enough. I plan on having to keep to clean eating/working out regularly for the rest of my life to continue to feel good so if the scale moves or if it doesn't it shouldn't matter as I'm not trying for an immediate goal.

I'll be working on my accountability to continue with my lifting, getting enough rest, and trying to fuel my body with the best quality foods. I like reading about what you do and how you are feeling.
    My DH changed his diet and added exercise to his day about a year ago. He refuses to get on a scale but it is obvious he has lost a ton of weight. I’m going to say he’s lost close to 50 pounds. You don’t have to weigh in if you don’t want. You’ll feel the difference in your body as you lose weight.

THURSDAY
    30 minute HIIT
    2 mile walk
    Yoga

Dinner - tostada

Snack - cheese, pepperoni, bread, grapefruit

Water - 44 Oz

Sleep - 7 hours

FRIDAY
    2 mile run
    Yoga

Dinner - Leftover Chinese food,

Snack - grapefruit x 2, 3 mini donuts

Water - 44 Oz

Sleep - 6 hours
    Last edited by jgenie; 01-22-2022 at 07:22 AM.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    My DH changed his diet and added exercise to his day about a year ago. He refuses to get on a scale but it is obvious he has lost a ton of weight. I’m going to say he’s lost close to 50 pounds. You don’t have to weigh in if you don’t want. You’ll feel the difference in your body as you lose weight.
    That's what I'm hoping. Unlike a lot of people that lose weight and are still unsatisfied I was really happy with my weight loss in 2018. I would love to get back to that level. It wasn't about a number, it was about how I felt in my clothes and how my body felt and that's what I'm going for!

Did a full body lifting class today through EVLO. I am on track with my eating. One thing I'm ok with is tracking food. I'm using MFP and trying to stick to 1300 calories, right around my BMR for my size and activity level. I've lost on lower than 1200 before but I'm trying not to lose any muscle this time around so I'm erring on the higher calorie size.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast