Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    Bureaucratic nightmare. The folks who most need access to tests cannot source them. This will do nothing for them. And, if they can source them, the hoops they have to jump through to get reimbursed are prohibitive. And, are they supposed to buy 8 at once ($$$$) and then get reimbursed? Or should they get 1-2 at a time and spend endless hours sourcing them?

I work for a coverage plan. I can set up a preferred network all day long - but if they don't have the tests, what good is that?!?! I've spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to source tests so we can get them directly to our members (we're community-based, so hyper local). I've struck out. We have a whopping 16 tests on hand for members.

I'll submit the receipts for my family's tests to our coverage plan - but we're not the folks who need it the most.

If the feds want to be helpful, they should support a swift and sharp increase in rapid test production - like, last year.

I agree. I'm afraid these testing kits (and the free ones) won't be going to those with the greatest need. As it is, it's hard to find them!
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

duplicate
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Agreed with so much above. Having insurers cover the cost of them just means the cost will get passed along in the form of higher premiums next year. And those without insurance coverage will still struggle to get/afford them. We need them cheap and plentiful like other countries! Not expensive and covered by jumping through hoops with an insurance carrier. Ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    Agreed with so much above. Having insurers cover the cost of them just means the cost will get passed along in the form of higher premiums next year. And those without insurance coverage will still struggle to get/afford them. We need them cheap and plentiful like other countries! Not expensive and covered by jumping through hoops with an insurance carrier. Ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2