Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

One more; this is my chili recipe. We serve it with chopped onion, cheese, sour cream, fritos, jalapenos, avocado, cilantro....etc.

1 lb. gr beef
    1 chopped onion (save a little for topping)
    2 Tbsp tomato paste (optional, but gives a nice rich tomato flavor)
    2 Tbsp Chili powder
    1 Tbsp cumin
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp paprika
    1/2 tsp ground pepper (white, black, or combination of the two)
    salt to taste
    1 can Rotel
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 cup of water or beer

Brown beef and onion, add salt and pepper. Add tomato paste, chili powder, and cumin to beef and cook 1-2 minutes until tomato paste has darkened a bit. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 15-20 minutes.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Thanks all! Keep the recipes coming! My kids are kind of picky about what I do with ground meat so I need all of the recipes I can get. Good idea about freezing it in one to two cooked pound portions. I do need to cook some freezable meals so this does help a ton as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I grew up eating ground beef a LOT bc my parents raise beef cattle. I love it lots of ways (burgers, sloppy joes, goulash, spaghetti sauce, soups, casseroles) but my husband does not like the taste + texture of ground beef except in burgers and in this recipe. This is one we all love (except the vegetarian daughter, who gets a tofu version of this when we have it).

CILANTRO BEEF FOR LETTUCE WRAPS
    1-2 tablespoons oil
    1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
    1" piece ginger, sliced (not peeled)
    2 carrots, shredded
    1# ground beef (can also use chicken, turkey, lamb)
    2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
    1/4-1/2 teaspoon white pepper
    1 bunch cilantro, chopped
    ~5 oz baby spinach, chopped (or I've used frozen, thawed)
    1 head iceberg lettuce, leaves separated carefully
    cooked rice/rice noodles
    sweet chili sauce

Saute onion, ginger and carrot in oil on medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add beef and cook till brown. Remove ginger slices. Add soy sauce and white pepper; cook 1 minute. Add cilantro and spinach; stir in and remove from heat. To serve, place rice, meat mixture and sauce in lettuce leaf and wrap. Always messy, always delicious.

This recipe is adapted from an old food blog called CityMama, which I'm not even sure exists anymore. Her recipe did not include the carrot and spinach, and she used chili garlic sauce instead of Thai sweet chile sauce.

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just split it into lb portions and freeze it! So nice to decide to make spaghetti and just grab a bag for the sauce.

Eta: Ha I just read the other responses and see already mentioned! Great minds I guess!
    Jen

DS in X-Small 7/12, Medium 5/07, and Large 7/05, one DD 3/10, and our DS 4/09 watching over us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2