Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    It came back as invalid!!! So now I need to go back again!!!
    Oh no!! I am so sorry that happened to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My PCR from this morning came back negative. I tested with PCR on day 1, 4, 6, and 7, and rapids on days 2,3,5, so I think it is safe to say I do not have covid. It must have been the flu. I’m also grateful that the one thing my school district is doing right is fairly easy access to testing for all employees and students.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

My PCR from this morning came back negative. I tested with PCR on day 1, 4, 6, and 7, and rapids on days 2,3,5, so I think it is safe to say I do not have covid. It must have been the flu. I’m also grateful that the one thing my school district is doing right is fairly easy access to testing for all employees and students.
    We were sick before and during Christmas. Multiple negative tests between the 3 of us. Something else is going around too

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I was thinking about you yesterday and almost came back to ask if you had tested for the flu. It's going around crazy here right now.

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Ds has covid a few weeks ago and had barely any symptoms- he is much sicker now with I guess a bad cold or flu. Definitely many things floating around

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    I was thinking about you yesterday and almost came back to ask if you had tested for the flu. It's going around crazy here right now.
    The doctors in our area said they aren’t even testing for the flu although they are vaccinating for it. They know it’s going around but said there is no point testing for it.

It’s such a bummer that the rapid tests aren’t working well. My son was positive last Tuesday and he and I had the same symptoms. I only had enough tests for him and Dh. Dh was negative. My symptoms got gradually worse. Dh and I tested Wednesday through a drive-though rapid test place because we both felt awful and it was negative for both of us. This morning we got more rapid test kits and I tested everyone at home. Me and dd are positive. I think we have Covid and another virus in the house because Dh was negative again this morning and he still feels crappy, but has tested negative several times in the last week.

Good thing he’s the one who took ds1 to his admitted student day yesterday.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    The doctors in our area said they aren’t even testing for the flu although they are vaccinating for it. They know it’s going around but said there is no point testing for it.

It’s such a bummer that the rapid tests aren’t working well. My son was positive last Tuesday and he and I had the same symptoms. I only had enough tests for him and Dh. Dh was negative. My symptoms got gradually worse. Dh and I tested Wednesday through a drive-though rapid test place because we both felt awful and it was negative for both of us. This morning we got more rapid test kits and I tested everyone at home. Me and dd are positive. I think we have Covid and another virus in the house because Dh was negative again this morning and he still feels crappy, but has tested negative several times in the last week.

Good thing he’s the one who took ds1 to his admitted student day yesterday.
    Interesting! In our area they are using a rapid test to check for flu and covid all in one at the doctor's offices. Our doctor said she likes to use that because she wants people to stay home 5 days after testing with the flu to help reduce spread. If people are just testing for covid and getting a negative test they won't stay home (not that it guarantees they will with the flu. We all know how well people listen). This has always been her protocol before covid even, as we've had it a couple of times, and she always writes a school note for the kids to be off school.

Hope you all have mild cases!

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Interesting! In our area they are using a rapid test to check for flu and covid all in one at the doctor's offices. Our doctor said she likes to use that because she wants people to stay home 5 days after testing with the flu to help reduce spread. If people are just testing for covid and getting a negative test they won't stay home (not that it guarantees they will with the flu. We all know how well people listen). This has always been her protocol before covid even, as we've had it a couple of times, and she always writes a school note for the kids to be off school.

Hope you all have mild cases!
    The rapid analyzer we have at the campus health center tests for covid, strep, and flu. We've had one student test pos for all 3! And two test pos for covid and flu. And lots and lots of flu. Between thanksgiving and christmas we had far more flu positives than covid.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Update: My rapid test was negative and I worked wearing a N95 at the hospital. My schools have a 15% positivity rate so I wore the N95 for the patients as I assume I had exposure this last week at school.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2