Default Imitrex effectiveness over time?

I will ask my doctor about this the next time I see her but in the meantime…

I’ve been using Imitrex for about 3 years now. I take it 0-3 times a month. In the past, it has been a miracle drug for me. The past few times I’ve taken it, however, it is not working as well.

Does it lose its effectiveness over time? Has anyone else experienced this?
    DS 2008
    DD 2010
    DS 2014

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

duplicate
    Last edited by hillview; 01-14-2022 at 03:05 PM.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

It did for me. Sorry 😢
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    It did for me. Sorry ��
    Ahhh, that stinks. Did you move on to a new med? If so, which one?
    DS 2008
    DD 2010
    DS 2014

Quote Originally Posted by sf333 View Post
    Ahhh, that stinks. Did you move on to a new med? If so, which one?
    I have not found anything that works well for me but MASSAGE and chiro work has helped a lot.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Zansu is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Nurtec is working for me, and I much prefer t to Imitrex

I stopped taking it because it was causing horrible side effects, but I am doing better on eletriptan. I also find that I get better results if I take it with reglan, nauseous or not. At first, I was saving the reglan for nausea, but my doctor recommended that I take it every time I take the eletriptan. So far, the combo has worked and I haven't had to take torodol.

I recently started taking amitryptiline for prevention, and I went from 15-20 headaches per month to 2-4 headaches per month. To say this drug has been life changing is an understatement.

I couldn’t take Imitrex, but I did tolerate electrician, but that just didn’t cover the number of migraines I would get in a month and seemed to lose some of its effectiveness. I started taking Ubrelvy (as needed) and doing Emgality injects. It’s the closest thing to a miracle cure I have experienced. Some months I have not had any migraines, others, I will get just a twinge right around the time for my next monthly injection, and if I take a preventative Ubrelvy, It is easily wiped out. Insurance tries to fight it, but this combo is the only thing that has worked and other than Botox, I’ve tried just about everything.

I couldn’t take Imitrex, but I did tolerate eletriptan, but that just didn’t cover the number of migraines I would get in a month and seemed to lose some of its effectiveness. I started taking Ubrelvy (as needed) and doing Emgality injects. It’s the closest thing to a miracle cure I have experienced. Some months I have not had any migraines, others, I will get just a twinge right around the time for my next monthly injection, and if I take a preventative Ubrelvy, It is easily wiped out. Insurance tries to fight it, but this combo is the only thing that has worked and other than Botox, I’ve tried just about everything.