Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Long underwear for tall skinny teen

For myself I have ones that Costco sells I think it’s the 32 degrees brand and comes in small size which I wear. My legs feel cold at work and that is why I wear the bottoms. They have held up fine to washing and are cheap enough to replace if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Another vote for Costco. My daughter wears them under jeans during winter in New Jersey. Cheap and comfy.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My kids wear hoodies most days of the week. Fleece joggers are plenty warm. We are in Chicago.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks for the ideas!
    I thought this was the kid who would be wearing shorts all winter, but I’ve noticed a change in him. Nowadays he does wear jackets and even gloves! I’ve noticed that he does dress more appropriately than he did before. He went to visit family over Thanksgiving and he was so cold he Borrowed a hat lol So I got him a warm hat. My SIL sent a picture of the temps where they live, which is not too far from him, and that’s when he agreed to get thermals lol

I should’ve clarified that this is not for everyday use for going to classes or other indoor activities. I remember my sister-in-law telling me that the heating would be blasted inside so layering is the way to go. I noticed he wanders around town (Sometimes takes the train into the city) and even walks to the store and does stuff like that, so he would be outdoors for long stretches. He takes long walks around the trails. I don’t know if that will continue when it’s very cold…

I got him a 3 in 1 coat So he can choose the waterproof outer layer or the inner quilted layer (This is what he does most of the time) or put them together if needed. Based on stuff I read here, he got waterproof boots. He wanted the ones that aren’t as high cut. He has wool socks. And of course the gloves and now the warm hat. ��

I think it’s reasonable to get a pair of thermals just in case. He can use them eventually for winter hiking or skiing, if nothing else.

in General, I have seen a change in him and willingness to try new things. He even Chose to take a plaid shirt from his closet, something that has hung there for years unused. Must be observing how others dress?? It’s very interesting to observe… he’s growing up and figuring out what works. He even agreed to buy some Long-sleeves shirts!
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

My ds has long underwear I got from Eddie Bauer- they have some winter stuff on sale so I just got another pair of bottoms (I think the tops are sold out). He goes to college in Vermont and wears them for skiing and maybe hiking if it was really cold. I also really love the lined climber pants they sell- I wear them myself all the time and find they really help with chill. I got him some too.
    Last edited by ezcc; 01-15-2022 at 03:38 PM.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Unless he needs gear for winter hiking, skiing, ect., just find something that fits and is comfortable for now... Lands End, LLBean, REI are all good places to find them. Depending on where he is going to school, he will figure out what he needs and where to get them. DC is looking at a northern school and my biggest concern is making sure they have a coat to handle -20 wind chill
    for walking to class .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2