gobadgers is online now Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default How do you track your health?

Right now, I have four different apps that I use to track my health in one way or another.

I use a random, freebie app (called My Calendar) that I log my weight, period and 'symptoms' (headaches, cramps, etc...)
    MyFitnessPal to log my diet (though I'm not doing this at the moment)
    Workouts on Peloton and runs/walks in Map My Run.

I would really like to have an app that I can enter it all in, for two reasons. 1) I'm pretty sure there is no expectation of privacy on the My Calendar app I'm using, and that seems a little creepy. and 2) I'd love to have one single app where I can enter all this in to look for any patterns. Over the past year or two, I've had more and more small complaints. Part of getting older I guess...

Anyone willing to share how they track this stuff, and how it works?
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have a Fitbit and track steps, water intake, weight, sleep and exercise. You can also track food and I think it will track periods too. I'm thinking of upgrading to a Garmin watch that will also track elevation gain and loss and tides, but I've been hesitating because I really like how small and light the fitbit is and the app is easy. My Peloton workouts sync right in as well.

NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default How do you track your health?

Another possibility, depending on what devices you use, is the Health app for iPhone and Apple Watch (maybe other Apple devices too but I haven’t explored that). I use some of the functions (steps/distance, active and resting calories, exercise minutes, heart rate, height/weight) but the app has tons of other functions too. I just used "browse" to check the other categories, which have a number of items under each, and I see cycle tracking, nutrition, sleep, symptoms, vitals, and others).

I don’t necessarily want to track everything, but I just noticed that there is an inhaler usage option that I might try. I use my albuterol inhaler very intermittently, depending on seasonal allergies, so it would be handy to keep track of when I last used it etc.

This is a free Apple app, and should at least be more secure than some of the free apps.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Health App, it’s free and in the App Store. I use it for everything along with my Apple Watch which syncs the steps, miles, water intake, and sleep. Health app has a section where you keep track of your periods, and after few months of it, will predict your ovulation and next cycle. It’s fantastic!

Also connects with my doctors health portal. So whenever my annual reports like physicals, mammogram, echo from cardiologist etc all gets send there. You log in the health portal same login details on the app, so it’s a double security layer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

gobadgers is online now Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for the replies! The Health App sounds like just what I need, but I'm an Android user. Dang it!

I am thinking of going the fitbit or Garmin route. Nice to know that it's friendly with Peloton!
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup