Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default I’m quarantined. What can I safely do around the house?

I tested positive yesterday morning. So did dd. I let the school know and they’ve decided not to cancel her class this week probably because her twin brother tested negative AND because I told them (proudly) that she is vaxxed. DS2 is coming out of quarantine tomorrow.

What am I allowed to do? We have Hepa air purifiers in each of the quarantining bedrooms as well as the greatroom downstairs. Dd and I wear a horribly uncomfortable N95 mask every time we go to the kitchen. But there are so many house projects I could do in the house to catch up. Can I work in the kitchen if I have my mask on? I made an oatmeal bake and soup this morning. Should I have stayed in my room? Could I work on projects with dd who is also positive and will be home with me this week? What about DS2? Can he be around dd and I if he’s just recovered from it? What’s the likelihood he catches it again?

I’ve warned Dh he should pack a bag and move to the basement. He slept there last night and was out of town night before. He came in this morning to get clothes from his closet but that seems foolish when the basement has a nice bathroom and big closet and guest room. He’s whining that that’s not necessary. I don’t think he should be breathing my air.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 01-16-2022 at 02:23 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

So who in your house hasn’t had it? My answer depends on how many “healthy” people there are.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    So who in your house hasn’t had it? My answer depends on how many “healthy” people there are.
    Half of the family are negative and haven’t had it.- Dh, Ds1, and Ds3. DS2 caught it first. He’s out of quarantine tomorrow. Dd and I tested positive yesterday morning.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

If dh doesn’t care if he catches it then I’d let him be. I’d ask the other kids too. Odds are they’ve all been exposed so I don’t think I’d go to any great lengths but I’m sure I’m an outlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    If dh doesn’t care if he catches it then I’d let him be. I’d ask the other kids too. Odds are they’ve all been exposed so I don’t think I’d go to any great lengths but I’m sure I’m an outlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    This is where my family is at. We live in a small townhouse. No real way for us to separate. We’ve just accepted when one gets it, we’re all going to get it.

There is no wrong way to do your quarantine. My only inclination is to keep your DH isolated and healthy if possible since I can see it helping to have a parent to run to the store or other errands. I'd let your DH make his own choices.

I would definitely feel comfortable working alongside your DD and DS2 this week.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have 2 of 4 in isolation. I am assuming it’s only a matter of time before other 2 get it but we are still trying to prevent it. I am in my own room and bath as is DD. I leave room in a mask to go to kitchen as long as I am only one in kitchen. Otherwise I am staying in my own area. Since DD is now positive too then she’ll probably join me for movies tonight. DS & DH can continue as usual for now since they are vaxxed & boosted (as are DD and I).

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    My only inclination is to keep your DH isolated and healthy if possible since I can see it helping to have a parent to run to the store or other errands.

I would definitely feel comfortable working alongside your DD and DS2 this week.
    This is a really good idea. It will be helpful to have one parent healthy. It was already helpful yesterday. He took Ds3 to mass. Ds1 is going today on his own. He and DS2 were scheduled to do mass readings today. He will have to do both the readings since DS2 is still in quarantine (which is fine. He knows how to do both).

Thank you to everyone for your posts.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    This is where my family is at. We live in a small townhouse. No real way for us to separate. We’ve just accepted when one gets it, we’re all going to get it.
    I tested positive on an at-home test this morning. DH and girls just went for PCRs. I am guessing they are already positive, as we all share the living room and kitchen together on a daily basis. I asked DH if I should quarantine to the bedroom and he said that was silly, as they have all been exposed to me already (plus he hates/doesn't know how to cook!). We both work from home so it is easy for us to just not go anywhere this week. The only concern is the girls and school - I think they've accepted they will have to do virtual this week - one is excited, the other not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    I tested positive on an at-home test this morning. DH and girls just went for PCRs. I am guessing they are already positive, as we all share the living room and kitchen together on a daily basis. I asked DH if I should quarantine to the bedroom and he said that was silly, as they have all been exposed to me already (plus he hates/doesn't know how to cook!). We both work from home so it is easy for us to just not go anywhere this week. The only concern is the girls and school - I think they've accepted they will have to do virtual this week - one is excited, the other not so much.
    I think my kids have accepted they are going to get it, if not from us, then eventually at school where no one is masking. But Dh has been out of town and masking everywhere. He hasn’t been home much. And he is slightly vulnerable because of medication he is taking. Part of me prefers he catch it now while omicron is mild and he’s been recently boosted. But I don’t know how severely he will get sick. It’s a gamble. A doctor friend says the virus mutations will get weaker wnd weaker. Viruses don’t want to kill their hosts. So they will evolve to become endemic, like the flu and most colds. So it’s best if we avoid catching these new mutations. So putting it off as long as possible makes sense for Dh.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast