Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Another quarantine question?

So, I have had symptoms…maybe since Weds (threw up my vitamins in the morning and felt bad all day, stomach stuff though, not upper respiratory). OK on Thursday. Congestion and a slight fever on Friday afternoon. I was on my own with my youngest since Friday morning. Got ahold of a home test today and it was positive. I’m isolated now, barely said hi to my older boys and DH isn’t home yet.

So, my youngest is definitely exposed and I chatted with the head of his school and I’ll get him tested tomorrow if I can.

The other two are vaxxed but need boosters now. But they haven’t been around me at all since Friday morning. I’m going to stay alone in my room and keep the youngest masked up and away from them too. So, would they need to quarantine from school at all? I don’t feel like they’ve been exposed…but maybe if my symptoms Weds count? I can’t keep up with all of this…

And fwiw, I’m totally fine. A little congested but fine. Vaxxed and boosted, so this one is going to get who it gets…
    Last edited by smilequeen; 01-17-2022 at 05:04 PM.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

It depends on the school- my dd's school recently changed their policy so that household exposures do require quarantine- this is a recent change due to omicron. My Ds's school does not require vaccinated kids to quarantine for any exposures. In your situation I would say they do not need to quarantine, since they haven't had any real exposure- but maybe check with the school. Glad you are feeling ok!

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

It is school dependent… ours is same as CDC guidelines which say your older 2 are not fully vaccinated if they have not had their booster so they would need to quarantine if exposed. The question would be if your Wednesday symptoms count or if you go by Friday as your symptom start date. Not sure what is the right answer there.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yes. It definitely varies by school. My district is counting kids vaccinated even without boosters so they don’t have to quarantine even with household exposure as long as they remain symptom free. I think they’re mostly throwing in the towel and just trying to keep kids in school. I would try to get home tests for your older boys. That would make me feel better sending them to school.

Good luck! This is head spinning these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    It is school dependent… ours is same as CDC guidelines which say your older 2 are not fully vaccinated if they have not had their booster so they would need to quarantine if exposed. The question would be if your Wednesday symptoms count or if you go by Friday as your symptom start date. Not sure what is the right answer there.
    What if they aren't eligible for the booster yet because it hasn't been long enough? Does that still require quarantine?

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
    What if they aren't eligible for the booster yet because it hasn't been long enough? Does that still require quarantine?
    If it’s been less than 6 months since their second dose,n they’re considered fully vaccinated. Efficacy starts to wane around 5 months so the booster is needed after 6 months to remain fully protected.

And I had my booster and still got it so I think it’s kind of a crapshoot all together now anyway.

It’s too bad it’s a holiday. I guess I will know more in the morning. Just staying isolated. Cleaning sheets so I can move to the guest room before DH gets home. That’s the only room with a TV anyway…

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'd count day 0 as Wednesday for you. My best friend's DH symptoms were headache when waking up then he vomited 5 times throughout the day. Tested positive on a rapid that same day. Felt pretty good the next day.

Makes sense that your youngest gets tested tomorrow on your day 6. For the oldests I'd refer to their schools. My DS2's school (middle school) says you don't have to quarantine for exposure if you're fully vaccinated which they're still saying is just 2 doses. If your oldests were around you on Wednesday then I'd getting them tested tomorrow as well.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Another quarantine question?

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I'd count day 0 as Wednesday for you. My best friend's DH symptoms were headache when waking up then he vomited 5 times throughout the day. Tested positive on a rapid that same day. Felt pretty good the next day.

Makes sense that your youngest gets tested tomorrow on your day 6. For the oldests I'd refer to their schools. My DS2's school (middle school) says you don't have to quarantine for exposure if you're fully vaccinated which they're still saying is just 2 doses. If your oldests were around you on Wednesday then I'd getting them tested tomorrow as well.

I tested positive on a rapid yesterday, but symptoms could have been earlier in the week (dry/scratchy throat that I thought was post nasal from allergies because I also had sinus pressure, itchy eyes, and sneezing last week). Sent rest of family for PCRs yesterday as we've been holed up together all weekend. Girls just got boosters on Friday and felt yucky Saturday and yesterday morning, which I thought was from the booster. Talked to the nurses at their schools today (same district). MS nurse said if test is positive but she is asymptmatic or symptoms resolved she can come back on day 6 as long as she masks through day 10 or I can keep her out 10 days. HS nurse said 5 day quarantine and please send her the test results (I don’t think they are really allowed to ask for that as there are no rules in the district that you must have a negative test to return but I got the feeling she is tired of all of the Covid n the school right now). If I hadn’t gotten them tested they could have gone to school masked and self-monitored, which seems crazy to me since they are living with a Covid positive person. Both said thank you for calling them about the test and please don't send them until test results are back (which at this point will be at or very close to the 5 day quarantine). Crazy the different interpretations everywhere. And then there is girl scouts which is sticking hard to 10 day quarantine or isolation, regardless of symptoms or vaccination.

EDT. For correction
    Last edited by ang79; 01-17-2022 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post

Yeah. Testing them tomorrow is probably best. They don’t need me there for that so I can still stay isolated from them.

I do sort of wonder is DS1 had it and his PCR test was too early? He had symptoms from Weds night to Friday (week before this) and I did a home test Thurs and PCR Friday. Both negative. But similar symptoms to me minus the nausea. So he was fine and allowed at school all this week with the negative PCR. Then DS3 had congestion and a cough and I trusted the home test since his brother had the negative PCR with the same symptoms and he was virtual anyway last week. I feel like I can’t get this right right now. It’s such a mess.

So I will test them again. Only thing I can do I think…

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast