Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Any good arm-toning programs/videos?

I've been doing 10 minutes of arm toning after my peleton rides everyday but I'm looking to accelerate progress. Have you done any good arm toning programs? I have 2lb and 3lb dumbells. Would be willing to get some additional equipment if necessary.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Dips, you can use a chair or anything sturdy, look up some video's to use proper form, targets the back of the arms, when you get good, add some weight on top of you legs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdFzYGmvDyg

I like how this guy explains things. Having a cheap mirror to see your form is helpful.

Look for exercises that target triceps/biceps, and you will need slightly higher hand weights (5lb or 8 lbs).

Therabands can be helpful and other things you have around the house can be used.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I use fitness blender workouts. If you go to their web site, you can filter their workouts by body focus and duration, then it links you though to the free YouTube video

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Following
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Liziz is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

They may all be longer than you're looking for, but I love Sydney Cummings workouts, and she has tons of arms/upper body focused ones. I think a key part may be pushing into heavier weights though - I didn't see much progress in my arms until I started pushing myself with heavier weights.
    Lizi

Tracey Anderson does some really good arm exercises both without weights and with 2-3lbs weights. You could do a search on YouTube for 'Tracey Anderson arms'.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Pull up some arm tracks on youtube from Body Pump or Group Power. Don;t forget to do some shoulder work too (overhead presses...)

AmyZ is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I love Sydney Cummings workouts. She's on YouTube and they are all free. You can search by type of workout.

https://www.youtube.com/c/SydneyCummings/videos
    Our string quartet is complete

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've never tried to link to an instagram post before but I love Dr. Shannon Ritchey (@dr.shannon.dpt). She's a physical therapist that teaches joint friendly, intensive workouts for all fitness levels.

Here's a workout I really like:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO0eEm4lnGd/

She has a bunch of free workouts on her instagram page. Also, she has an app called EVLO (free to download) with a week's worth of strength training workouts (including upper body build) at the bottom that don't require a membership (or even a CC to sign up for).

I LOVE these workouts. I feel like I just need one or two other BBB members to discover them and they'll be the next big thing on here. Seriously, love her philosophy, her training. Everything. She has a podcast called Fit Body Happy Joints too.

But expect "cooked" arms without any kind of janky shoulder or neck pain. You can use the weights you have and see how that feels. Good luck!

Thanks all! Can't wait to dig and check out all these great suggestions!
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast