Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default PBTeen bean bag chairs -quality?

anyone know of the quality of PBTeen bean bag chairs? specifically the critter ones?

I want to get this for DD's 11th birthday in March. She is obsessed with sloths. This looks adorable, though is $229 on sale.
    https://www.pbteen.com/products/slot...ir/?cm_src=rel

DD found a few sloth chairs she liked on amazon that were much cheaper, though were much smaller (more for a nursery, for a toddler) - i really wants something for a tween/teen. The PBTeen ones look super cute.

I want a chair specifically, as DD already has plenty of oversized stuffed animals .

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We have a different highly rater bean bag chair and it's been clutter around our house practically since the day we got it. No one uses it and it gets passed off from room to room.
    Can you find a cheaper one and then buy a sloth cover separately?
    Ours was a gift but we asked for it so I feel guilty every time I see it sitting there forlorn and unloved. With real chairs around, no one wants to use a bean bag. Heck, I have seen my kids sit on the floor next to the bean bag. And, it's a really nice one!

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    We have a different highly rater bean bag chair and it's been clutter around our house practically since the day we got it. No one uses it and it gets passed off from room to room.
    Can you find a cheaper one and then buy a sloth cover separately?
    Ours was a gift but we asked for it so I feel guilty every time I see it sitting there forlorn and unloved. With real chairs around, no one wants to use a bean bag. Heck, I have seen my kids sit on the floor next to the bean bag. And, it's a really nice one!
    Hahahaha this is what happened with the Cordaroy bean bags we got. They DO get used OCCASIONALLY but mostly sit there being big and taking up space. Having said that, if she would LOVE it, then why not?? Polystyrene beads I think are considered "inferior" when it comes to bean bags, and the nicer quality ones (Cordaroy, Lovesac) are filled with shredded foam which is more supportive. Lovesac does come in several sizes, and you can buy an insert which closely matches the size of the PBTeen one, and get the Sloth cover if you want something higher quality that will last longer. Yogibo is another option which is lighter weight than shredded foam.

Yogibo! That's what we have.

For $200+, do you have a zoo, aviary, aquarium...around that might offer a private sloth encounter? That's one of the experiences at one near us.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Dd got this Pottery Barn beanbag chair for Christmas either last year or the year before. https://www.pbteen.com/m/products/po...pkey=cbeanbags She got the biggest one they had and loves it. It’s where she sits when reading, doing homework, props up her books and stuff when laying in her bed, etc. Her brothers regularly throw themselves in it. It’s held up really well. She mainly keeps it layered with fuzzy blankets so we haven’t had to wash the cover yet. I’ve had so-so luck with Pottery Barn so if she hasn’t begged for it for Christmas I would have bought a cheaper one elsewhere. Ymmv
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

We have two Cordaroy beanbags in our bonus room that the kids use regularly. The boys sit on them while they watch movies or play video games. DD tends to flop and land on them from gym equipment. She incorporates them into obstacle courses. Bottom line - my kids and their friends definitely like them. We've never had a PB bean bag so I can't speak to that, but if it's something your DD would like and you have room, I'd say go for it.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Yogibo! That's what we have.
    You probably got it about the same time I got Yogibo beanbags for both DGDs. There was a lot of BBB love for them at one time. I haven’t visited my family for 2 years (thanks, pandemic….) but at that time they were still going strong. I’ll have to ask…

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default PBTeen bean bag chairs -quality?

We have a Yogiboo as well….it is this one that looks like a chair because it would fit better in the corner of DD2’s room.

My BiL has some nice ones from Restoration Hardware. They have the fluffy like fabric like that PB one that you posted. He has had them for around 7 or 8 years iirc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 01-18-2022 at 12:31 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have Yogibo beanbags. They get lots of love here. I haven’t had good luck with quality of PB furniture.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast