Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’d re-wash with All Free and Clear and Oxy Clean unscented (if you guys can use this—I just use a couple of tablespoons per load) and then hang outside to dry for 2-4 days.

Good luck and I’m sorry! As someone who is hypersensitive to perfumes and scents I can totally sympathize.
    K

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If you try Arm & Hammer, I'd get the unscented kind. I bought one version at BJs that was SO strongly scented I gave it away after 1 laundry cycle. Awful!

Perhaps try a smaller bottle rather than getting a Costco size? And, I'd let Tide know - social media pages probably so they understand how awful it is to change the scent and keep calling it 'original'!
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

I'm sorry to hear this but glad for the heads up. I'm super sensitive to scents and used unscented detergent for years until my kids got older and stinkier. Their clothes needed something more powerful so I've been using Tide Original for the last few years. Guess it's time to find another option.

The scent should come out washing with an unscented detergent and an extra rinse or two....hopefully!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I haven’t been able to use Tide regular in 26 years (when I used Accutane when I was 18) because it irritated my skin. My kids also say it aggravates their eczema (my MIL loves Tide). We use Gain regular, Persil Sensitive (I have only never found this at Walmart), or Tide Free. All Free also works but tbh I think my clothes get cleaner with one of the other three. I switch off between powder or liquid, but honestly prefer powder (which I know they still make in regular Tide, but not free). I used Kirkland Free detergent for years until their last reformulation caused me to breakout in hives.

ETA: I will have to look for Unscented Tide powder the next time I go to Walmart but I haven’t seen it in a really long time….maybe it is now a regional thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just have it shipped from Walmart. I've been avoiding both Walmart and Target since long before the pandemic. The only reason I know our closest Walmart does carry it is that the last time I ordered they "upgraded" me to same day delivery and I had two boxes on my doorstep a few hours after placing my order.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tide-Free...95-oz/36874291
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I have always hated the smell of tide, we use Charlie's soap.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

cmo is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

If you still want the scent of the old original Tide, it is now sold as Mountain Spring scent. I too do not like the new original scent so I'm going to try Mountain Spring next. Hoping it does not smell as strong as the new original!

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I can't even stomach the original Tide scent.. if someone washes an item they borrowed using scented detergents, I have to rewash it.
    I use whatever unscented (preferably eco friendly) detergent costco sells, though the eco friendly one tends to be scented.

Now I'm intrigued by Charlie's Soap. I've never heard of it before..
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I can't even stomach the original Tide scent.. if someone washes an item they borrowed using scented detergents, I have to rewash it.
    I use whatever unscented (preferably eco friendly) detergent costco sells, though the eco friendly one tends to be scented.

Yes! My MIL "does me a favor" every time my kids stay with them by washing all their clothes, even the ones that are still clean/ unworn. I can smell it on them when I pick them up. She means well, so I don't say anything, but I end up having to rewash everything with vinegar or baking soda (or 2 washes) to get the smell out. I can't take it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post

If you have hard water it may not work correctly. I had semi hard suburban water and I don’t feel like it was all that great, but who knows….people love it, especially in the cloth diaper community. I used it when DD2 was in cloth diapers and it worked okay for those, but our regular clothes it didn’t work so well. You are also supposed to strip your washer before using it and are only supposed to use Charlie’s Soap and no other kind of detergent; but I still fudged with free and clear detergent for the rest of us while Dd2 was in diapers. I ended up using the small bag we had and didn’t repurchase it.

https://www.charliesoap.com/faqs/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks the new scent sucks. He's the response from Tide:

Response from Tide:
    The Tide Team ·
    We're sorry to hear you were disappointed with the Original scent, XXXXXXXX. The scent was upgraded in April 2019 going from a light, clean, herbal scent to a slightly warmer, rich scent with hints of wood. We appreciate you sharing your feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve. We recommend giving our Mountain Spring scent a try, as we feel it may match your scent expectations more closely, or our Free & Gentle detergent if you prefer your laundry unscented. We hope this helps, and we're only a phone call away at 1-800-879-8433 if you ever have any questions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast