Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    MA.
    Posts
    4,225

    Default

    My prep was the 3 bottles of magnesium citrate. The biggest thing that helped me was getting 3 different flavors. By the time I finished one bottle, just the thought of drinking that again made me nauseous. Having 3 different flavors to drink made it so much easier!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    **If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

  2. #12
    jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    12,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billysmommy View Post
    My prep was the 3 bottles of magnesium citrate. The biggest thing that helped me was getting 3 different flavors. By the time I finished one bottle, just the thought of drinking that again made me nauseous. Having 3 different flavors to drink made it so much easier!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s a great tip! I’ll have to remember it for my next one.
    for Carmen

  3. #13
    AmyZ is offline Gold level (500+ posts)
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA.
    Posts
    940

    Default

    I just had my second one and used the Su-Tab prep. Lots of tablets, but got the drink them with water instead of a gross drink.

    I would ask which prep is the easiest and tell them you are willing to pay extra, otherwise they will just give you what your insurance covers. I had to pay $40 for the SuTab and I think I would have paid a million dollars to avoid the horrible ones.

    Make sure you have wet wipes for wiping during the prep as your bottom will get sore very quickly. Some people will use Desitin or Prep H to soothe the area.
    Our string quartet is complete

  4. #14
    jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmyZ View Post
    I just had my second one and used the Su-Tab prep. Lots of tablets, but got the drink them with water instead of a gross drink.

    I would ask which prep is the easiest and tell them you are willing to pay extra, otherwise they will just give you what your insurance covers. I had to pay $40 for the SuTab and I think I would have paid a million dollars to avoid the horrible ones.

    Make sure you have wet wipes for wiping during the prep as your bottom will get sore very quickly. Some people will use Desitin or Prep H to soothe the area.
    I had my first colonoscopy in October and also did the SuTab prep. My doctor had a coupon to make it MUCH cheaper. It's 12 large pills taken in 2 groups of six with 16 ounces of water with each pill. From all of the "horror" stories I heard about the nasty liquid prep, the pills seem MUCH better.
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

  5. #15
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    13,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Days? My son's preps have always just been 1 full day. Clear liquids and prep the day before procedure and then eat the next day immediately after the procedure.
    Oops! I haven't scheduled anything yet, so I'll probably be OK. I'm just not looking forward to being hangry.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

    "Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

  6. #16
    o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Central IN
    Posts
    15,413

    Default

    I would suggest taking something along in the car to eat afterwards. If you like yogurt, that's a good choice and can easily be packed in a cooler. They gave DH some crackers, etc., but he wanted something more substantial right away and so we sat in a drive-thru on the way home, even though he was sleepy and really we should have gone straight home (not to mention, most of the food you can get at a drive-thru is not what you want to have on a very empty stomach).
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

  7. #17
    mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerigirl View Post
    I had my first colonoscopy in October and also did the SuTab prep. My doctor had a coupon to make it MUCH cheaper. It's 12 large pills taken in 2 groups of six with 16 ounces of water with each pill. From all of the "horror" stories I heard about the nasty liquid prep, the pills seem MUCH better.
    Thanks so much for this info. I didn’t know this was an option. I have one scheduled in a few weeks and have not even opened the info packet. I need to see what the prep is and ask if there are other options. I would be willing to pay for pills as well.

  8. #18
    jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    Thanks so much for this info. I didn’t know this was an option. I have one scheduled in a few weeks and have not even opened the info packet. I need to see what the prep is and ask if there are other options. I would be willing to pay for pills as well.
    I was told back in October that SuTab was brand new. Here's the link from the company's website for the discount https://www.sutab.com/Savings
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

  9. #19
    Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    .
    Posts
    2,743

    Default

    I had one 2-3 years ago and the doctor I used required that I use a specific liquid which my insurance didnít cover so they gave it to me for free. It was torture. I drank it with Gatorade and also had popsicles. The color of the liquids you can consume matters (no red or purple dyes iirc) and I am not a fan of Gatorade or popsicles anyway so it was a struggle to finish the drink. Except for that part the rest of the prep was fine. I thought I was going to spend hours in the bathroom but I didnít. I just went when nature called.

    There were pills available at the time as well. I guess not Sutab if thatís new but it was over $200 more to do that instead and I didnít want to pay it figuring how bad could the drink be!? Next time I will have to suck it up and pay for the pills. Fortunately it will be years before I need another colonoscopy so I can save up.
    Mom to b/g twin college freshman!

    People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

    Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

  10. #20
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    13,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twin Mom View Post
    ...

    There were pills available at the time as well. I guess not Sutab if that’s new but it was over $200 more to do that instead and I didn’t want to pay it figuring how bad could the drink be!? Next time I will have to suck it up and pay for the pills. Fortunately it will be years before I need another colonoscopy so I can save up.
    Yeah, I struggle with liquid medications so I may have to figure out how to suck it up. (Non-red/purple Gatorade I can handle if I can dilute it; I get the runs otherwise. I don't really like foods with red dye in them ... except red velvet cake, and I have NO idea how that happened.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

    "Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •