Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    We've used Seventh Generation Free & Clear for 10+ years now.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Me, too! Definitely can’t tolerate any scented laundry products. (Just saw an ad for some crystals/pellets/whatever that you add to your laundry to make the scent last longer — WHO is their target audience?!)

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

I'm going to guess no one else here owns 20 bottles of Bath and Body Works body lotion (organized by scent and season).
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    I'm going to guess no one else here owns 20 bottles of Bath and Body Works body lotion (organized by scent and season).
    Yikes! I can’t even walk past their stores (back when we could browse in the mall)!!

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    Yikes! I can’t even walk past their stores (back when we could browse in the mall)!!

Today, I am wearing Eucalyptus and Lavender. It's a winter fragrance because snowflakes are on the label. lol

I'm sorry -- I'm giddy as the end of the work day approaches. Back to the regular laundry detergent discussion!
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I actually use their mango body wash daily, but the scent doesn't linger.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I use All Free & Clear or Kirkland brand Free & Clear. I stopped using anything scented after DS was born 15 years ago.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I use Tru Earth sheets. I tried them a few months ago and like them a lot. Things seem as clean as they did with Tide and they take up no space in my small laundry room.
    Kris

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I switched to Foca powder (comes in a bag at Walmart - very inexpensive). I switched from All Free & Clear powder when I started having trouble finding it about 5 years ago. The appliance store where I bought my Speed Queen washer recommended powdered detergent. It isn’t unscented and even though I am usually very sensitive to perfumes, it doesn’t bother me at all. I do use vinegar in place of fabric softener in every load. I find it cleans very well.
    DS 2/09

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Does anyone have a problem getting the musty scent out of synthetics? Admittedly, DS2 is sensitive to well, everything. He still refuses to wear a long-sleeve synthetic sun shirt he wore canoeing for a week TWO YEARS AGO. It gets washed every week but he says it doesn’t smell better. Each week we sort through the baskets of laundry that just got washed and he smells it and chucks it back into the dirty hamper. It just doesn’t smell clean despite the repeated washings. He wants to throw it away but what a waste!

i use 7th Generation detergent hoping it’s gentler on the environment as well as our skin. But it’s not been great about getting our synthetics clean. I’ve also noticed that my Athleta pants smell funny even right after washing. I was actually thinking of going back to Tide which my mom used to use because she said it got white clothes sparkling clean. I also loved the scent but maybe I need to try unscented…
    That's exactly how I ended up using Tide. I used Charlie's Soap when my kids were little (also dabbled in cloth diapers) but switched to Seventh Generation at some point. Our athletic clothes, especially DH's and the boys', were holding onto an old sweat smell that wouldn't come out so I initially only washed those items in Tide. When I found I could handle the scent and their clothes didn't stink anymore, I phased out the Seventh Generation. I have one more bottle of the old Original Tide so I'll have to see what works for us after it's gone.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've got about 5 bottles of B&BW Sun Ripened Raspberry body wash & lotion in waiting from the last time they got rid of that scent. It doesn't linger, but it smells like me in college rather than me as old lady. But, just about everything else in my life is unscented.

ETA: Oh, and for the original question, I love All Free and Clear. I'm not a fan of a lot of other unscented detergents because I feel like they leave a musty scent in the clothes. And I can't deal with most scented detergents. Opening a bag of hand-me-downs from two of my SILs is enough to trigger a migraine.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast