Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RVing and parts (supply chain)

We have an RV that is fairly new, we've taken some short trips but due to Covid our extended trips have both been canceled. One to Boston (summer 2020), one to Chicago/Green Bay (summer 2021) from Washington State. We don't have reservations for this summer because....

We are still waiting on parts to repair our RV that were ordered in June! The repair shop still has no idea when they might get said parts or what these parts will cost when they arrive.

We lost several hundred dollars each year in canceled reservations, we're not willing to do that again. But we won't be able to go anywhere if we don't make reservations soon. Geez.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wow. That is incredible. How incredibly annoying! I will say that my sister used to live in an RV (living the van life!) and she loved it except the costs of repairs far exceeded her planned expenses and this was before the supply chain issues we're having now. I hope you get your parts in and get to see some places.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Can you rent one? I know that defeats the purpose of owning one but I couldn't stomach throwing away the money on canceled reservations. Obviously the math needs to be done. But, it really sucks that the parts are taking so long!!