Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I laughed when I saw it mentioned and looked back in photo album and saw that a friend and I stayed at the Cabrillo Inn when we were there in the early 90s. Castillo Inn is definitely nicer.

XH and I often did weekend trips to SB, our favorite breakfast spot was Esau's on State, it's closed but it's sister location in Carpenteria is open, it's classic old school breakfast food.
    Thank you! We are suckers for good breakfast/diner food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Twoboos is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

When we were out there last year to visit UCSB, someone here had recommended Los Agaves restaurant and we loved it! We went to the one in Goleta since that's where we were staying (at the Courtyard Marriott which was fine), but I think there are a couple of locations. Anna's Bakery is nextdoor and we had a great lunch there the next day. We had dinner more towards Santa Barbara proper at Stella Mare's Bistro, a super cute French restaurant.

Enjoy your trip. Now I'm craving good Mexican lol...
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    When we were out there last year to visit UCSB, someone here had recommended Los Agaves restaurant and we loved it! We went to the one in Goleta since that's where we were staying (at the Courtyard Marriott which was fine), but I think there are a couple of locations. Anna's Bakery is nextdoor and we had a great lunch there the next day. We had dinner more towards Santa Barbara proper at Stella Mare's Bistro, a super cute French restaurant.

I'm certain that was me, too

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Hotel recs. In Santa Barbara?

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post

Thanks! Yes I liked the location of the Courtyard but since we decided to go to only two schools really far away and spend two days in each city I decided to stay near the beach vs. staying closer to the school, but we will definitely look at that area as well since it is near the university and most students live in Goleta or Isla Vista (based on what I know from my friends who went to school there in the late 90s).

Yes the Los Agaves recommendation was copied from Twoboos post about Santa Barbara.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2