Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ncat View Post
    Our recent experience was that the current strain was impossible to avoid household transmission, even vaccinated and boosted. I would assume that your husband has it.
    TWIV went into detail during their last episode covering a study out of Denmark that came to the same conclusion. That even when vaccinated and boosted, the secondary attack rate (rate of transmission within a single household) was extremely high when it comes to Omicron. Basically the secondary attack rate was the same between unvaccinated, vaccinated, and even boosted individuals. This is different when compared to Delta, where the secondary attack rate was much lower amongst vaccinated households. So yes, it's extremely hard to avoid INFECTION (not the same as disease) when Omicron is actually in your house.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Ok it sounds like he is going to stay home for the rest of the week while waiting on the results. I’m actually so thankful. We are supposed to have winter weather and ice on Friday and I’m glad he is going to be around. This means I will get more rest. Whether he is actually positive or not it’s a relief.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is positive. DD tested positive on Friday. She's 4 so not vaccinated, and had a temp of 100.x for about a day and a runny nose for a couple of days. DH (vax'd and boosted), DS (7, vax'd in Nov/Dec), and I (vax'd and boosted) have each tested negative twice on home tests since then. I took a PCR yesterday and got called today that it's positive. I have zero symptoms. DH took a rapid and PCR at a test site today. His rapid was negative, but we wouldn't surprised at all if his PCR is positive. DS is at school (we checked with the nurse and his teacher and they said send him) where they are supposed to be giving him a PCR today. Wouldn't be surprised if it is also positive though his home test that I gave him before sending him to school yesterday morning was negative.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Aishe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    TWIV went into detail during their last episode covering a study out of Denmark that came to the same conclusion. That even when vaccinated and boosted, the secondary attack rate (rate of transmission within a single household) was extremely high when it comes to Omicron. Basically the secondary attack rate was the same between unvaccinated, vaccinated, and even boosted individuals. This is different when compared to Delta, where the secondary attack rate was much lower amongst vaccinated households. So yes, it's extremely hard to avoid INFECTION (not the same as disease) when Omicron is actually in your house.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    This is really interesting because I had Covid (presumably Omicron) a few weeks ago and nobody else in the family tested positive or had symptoms. I can't figure out how they managed to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aishe View Post
    This is really interesting because I had Covid (presumably Omicron) a few weeks ago and nobody else in the family tested positive or had symptoms. I can't figure out how they managed to avoid it.
    We’re still navigating this in our house. I have no symptoms but tested positive on PCR Tuesday. DH has cold symptoms but tested negative on PCR yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Every day I check my kids' temp before they go to school. A month or so ago I got a new thermometer and for some reason on that one DS ALWAYS comes up being just over 100. The rest of us are 97-98 and DS is 100-101. I check him with the ear thermometers and the old under the tongue one and he's fine. School checks and he's fine. But this one touchless scan one is crazy for him.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

So to follow up, he went ahead to get tested that day. To our surprise, the results came back yesterday and they were negative. HOWEVER, he definitely seemed to have a low grade fever by the end of Thursday. Last night he ended up spiking a fever of almost 102. Today he is fever free and just a little tired and very congested. So I guess we tested too early but I’m sure he has it.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

He could just have the flu. I had similar symptoms back in October (so way before Omicron) and I knew people who had the same symptoms then. A lot of nasal congestion, tiredness, and a fever for 24 hours.

No one else in my family caught Covid from DH, and dh didn’t start quarantining until three days after he started having what were thought were mild flu symptoms (he wasn’t having breathing issues and the initial screening we did through our HCP/insurance didn’t even think he had Covid….he tested because a friend we saw the day before his symptoms started tested positive). I tested negative via rapid antigen and PCR on the same day Dh tested positive (on both tests), my girls tested negative a day and two days later via PCR, and I tested negative again last week by RAT (had to go to my office to get a new computer and had to test in order to go). This virus is beyond weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I agree with you...likely tested too early. So sorry its going through your family. Hope everyone recovers normally!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2