MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Let’s be a bit more transparent…..

So we got en email this morning from the school that said “One of the basketball coaches tested positive for Covid. Please watch your child for symptoms and if they develops follow CDC guidelines.”

Um….they were all on the bus last night, all in the locker room, all gathered in huddles for the game. Shouldn’t you tell me which coach it is? Shouldn’t all kids be either masking or quarantining based on their vaccination status? Our state’s policy for staying in school and playing sports is to test immediately after contact and again at day 5. None of this was mentioned.

People just irritate me.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I totally get the frustration. While I understand people's desire to keep health info private, and respect it when organizations try to stay safe while respecting privacy, it's really frustrating when we're talking about a very transmissible disease and things are often so general/generic that it's hard to figure out whether you/your child was actually exposed or not.

That being said, in this situation, it sounds like it really doesn't matter which coach. If they were all on the bus last night, all in the locker room, and all gathered for huddle together....then it doesn't really matter if it was the coach on the left or the coach on the right. Everyone on the team has definitely been exposed. I do agree though that they should now be treating all kids (and other coaches) as exposed and expect masking/quarantine + testing, per your state rules.
    Lizi

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It's ridiculous.

I feel people are abandoning all proper protocols lately for exposure, quarantine, testing, etc. So many folks are just thinking, well, it's been five days, I'm done! No bother to inquire if they are still symptomatic, if others have been exposed (including household members), whether they should continue to mask if out of their homes, etc. It drives me crazy. This virus will keep spreading if we all just keep treating it like no big deal and don't mask, isolate, and contact trace properly.

I'm sorry your DS has been exposed. We figure it's only a matter of time for us too with a sports exposure. Some of our games have cancelled but I wish all practices and games would halt for the meantime. We are at record level infections and hospitalization.
    K