Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default USPS - Now what??

On January 6th, I mailed documentation to a city about 60 miles away. I sent it certified mail with a return postcard. Tracking history puts the original item it at the city distribution center on January 8th.

The last update on the tracking history is on January 12 simply stating:

In Transit, Arriving Late
    Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility

Now what do I do, if anything? While this is not time sensitive, the material in the envelope cannot be lost.

Tomorrow I need to mail another document which is time sensitive and has material that cannot be easily reproduced. How do I do that?!?!?

Why is this so hard!?

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would send it registered receipt. ... or fedex.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post
    On January 6th, I mailed documentation to a city about 60 miles away. I sent it certified mail with a return postcard. Tracking history puts the original item it at the city distribution center on January 8th.

The last update on the tracking history is on January 12 simply stating:

In Transit, Arriving Late
    Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility

Now what do I do, if anything? While this is not time sensitive, the material in the envelope cannot be lost.

Tomorrow I need to mail another document which is time sensitive and has material that cannot be easily reproduced. How do I do that?!?!?

Why is this so hard!?
    When this happened to me, I talked to my local postmaster and he researched it for me. I don't know if it mattered but it did show up after that.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Today I got a 2nd delay notice on a package coming via USPS…and it showed up this afternoon. I don’t trust their notifications!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

OP here! So the packet still has not arrived or moved since my last post. I called and got an e-mail that it is "lost" with a phone number to discuss further (the phone number won't connect/isn't answered). I called the post office that I mailed it from and the postmasters "thinks" it was "probably" delivered, but not scanned. They recommend that I call to see if the package was delivered...this is going to a very large state agency. I spent three hours yesterday trying to reach the agency by phone just to confirm it was delivered and never did reach the office it was sent to.

It took two months to obtain all the information for the packet, which contains originals. I looked into hand delivering it, but that is not feasible (not that I found a phone number). So, I don't know if it was delivered, if not, the originals are deemed "lost". To "resend" will take at least a month to reobtain the information... I am just done! Once the information is received, it will be months before we know if the services this agency provides are even something we need...

If one more postal employee tells me to "just call to see if it's arrived" I am going to scream. There is NO PHONE number!

The one thing that can't be lost!!! ARGH!!!

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

OP here! So the packet still has not arrived or moved since my last post. I called and got an e-mail that it is "lost" with a phone number to discuss further (the phone number won't connect/isn't answered). I called the post office that I mailed it from and the postmasters "thinks" it was "probably" delivered, but not scanned. They recommend that I call to see if the package was delivered...this is going to a very large state agency. I spent three hours yesterday trying to reach the agency by phone just to confirm it was delivered and never did reach the office it was sent to.

It took two months to obtain all the information for the packet, which contains originals. I looked into hand delivering it, but that is not feasible (not that I found a phone number). So, I don't know if it was delivered, if not, the originals are deemed "lost". To "resend" will take at least a month to reobtain the information... I am just done! Once the information is received, it will be months before we know if the services this agency provides are even something we need...

If one more postal employee tells me to "just call to see if it's arrived" I am going to scream. There is NO PHONE number!

This totally sucks. I feel your pain. i am in a facebook group of people pursuing Italian citizenship. One woman mailed in all her original documents to get a certification and the FEDEX machine ATE ALL THE DOCUMENTS. She eventually reached a higher up at Fedex who agreed to pay for the cost of obtaining new documents (hundreds of dollars). it's so frustrating.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I feel your pain! I had a letter to the IRS go missing. I called to follow up but it’s still showing it will be arriving late. I mailed it in November. I ended up sending a new set but am still annoyed that I paid for return receipt and tracking and I’m out the money twice.

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

The only suggestion I have is if this is a state agency, maybe reach out to someone in state government- your representative might be able to get the right number to reach that department. But, so frustrating!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ezcc View Post
    The only suggestion I have is if this is a state agency, maybe reach out to someone in state government- your representative might be able to get the right number to reach that department. But, so frustrating!
    Yes use your state assembly person or congressperson to their fullest to help you solve your issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I still have no idea what is going on with the packet that I originally sent. However, in looking for a contact number, I found out that "I" wasn't supposed to "mail" the information (as I had been told). The school district that told me to mail the documents was supposed to send it through a portal that the general public doesn't have access to! ARGH!!!! So not only did I send it out a month ago and it's lost, even if it arrived, it would have been ignored since it did not go through the "proper channels". Why is everything so hard??? Thankfully, another organization that I contacted to get the phone number, was able to set everything on the correct path! When I contacted the district this morning, I was told that they needed to send it through the portal. Why didn't they tell me that two months ago when we started this process and even questioned the address they gave me to send it to???!!!!! ARGH!!! Why is everything SO HARD!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast