Thread: Duplicate

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Duplicate

Duplicate
    Last edited by Globetrotter; 01-21-2022 at 12:07 PM.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    This is for a friend who lives in the Bay Area. She is interested in trying CBD for pain associated with chemo for breast cancer. She will also be doing radiation. Her doctor just said go to a dispensary.
    Has anyone looked into this? I did a little research and Delta 8 THC comes up. Ok, I am way out of my element here so I’m lost. I imagine she would prefer gummies. Or any other suggestions? Another friend was given pot brownies during chemo but that was years ago so I’m thinking things have changed and there are better options.
    We are in Wisconsin so I can't help you as far as locations to purchase CBD products. But I will say that last fall I had lunch with a friend of my parents. She's in her early 80's and very active as a realtor. She has always impressed me for her intelligence and strong work ethic. We had lunch last fall and she told me she has been suffering from rheumatoid arthritis for decades. She was fighting it with Embrel while it was working for her but it stopped working and she tried another medication. It worked for a while too. She was told about CBD oil drops and decided to try them 3 years ago. She places one drop under her tongue 3 times/ day (if i'm remembering correctly). She said it doesn't affect her senses or her judgment but it seems to have completely got rid of her pain. She stopped taking the prescription medication after taking the CBD for 2 years and says she doesn't regret it. The prescription medication wasn't helping with her pain (although it might have been helping with the degeneration of her joints. Though at 83yo, I don't think she cares about anything other than the pain).

The place she gets it from is a small co-op in our town that sell CBD tinctures of different kinds. I don't know much more than that.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 01-19-2022 at 10:02 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.