Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    We actually did all these things in my trip to Paris and we loved it. Only my trip was pre-911! So prior to needing to take my shoes off at security, lol.

I LOVED the Sainte Chapelle. We actually visited it twice. Once as part of a tour and another as an evening soiree. Classical music at sunset in the Sainte Chapelle. It was gorgeous.

I went as a student on my way back from Senegal. The other students I was with found this flyer that had all the musical and cultural events all around the city and we visited several of them. Has anyone else heard of this? They picked it up in a cafe and it listed all the events in the city it was a HUGE list. We heard Mozart in the Madeleine and heard a bell choir in a small chapel in another quartier. If you want to get away from only museums that might be a good way to have a more diverse experience?
    I’m jealous you got to see a concert. They were hosting an evening concert at the Sainte Chapelle the day we visited. I so wanted to go but we had arranged to meet friends that night for dinner. I would love to arrange to see a concert on our next trip!

Check out Fun London Tours for some non-traditional walking tours - truly fun.

In Pairs, we did small group bike tours to both Versailles and Giverny which made for lovely days out with stops at markets, picnics, etc. and didn’t feel like follow-the-crowd sightseeing.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Here is my detailed trip report on our trip to London with teens. I got lots of help from folks on this board. We had a wonderful time!!!

https://www.fodors.com/community/eur...eport-1433634/
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Every time we hit a new city, I ask the kids to research and give me a list of three things they want to do/see. If I have been to the city before, I'm usually pretty chill about letting them drive the bus and maybe will toss in one or two things I either haven't done before or that were so good I feel like we need to revisit. If it's a new place, the adults usually do the same thing as the kids - pick three things. Once we all have our lists, we form a plan. We don't always hit everything but we have found that this way everyone is happy and no one ends up feeling like they were dragged all over a city bored out of their minds. And honestly, some of the things they chose have been amazing and are things DH or I would never have thought of doing.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

This thread is so helpful! I have been taking notes and following up. We need to figure out how to allocate our time but our itineraries are coming along well. I really appreciate the help!
    marinkitty- we definitely make the kids help. We warned ds2 that if he didn't speak up during the planning process then he wasn't allowed to complain later. I did curate a list from ideas on this thread as well as googling "x city with teens" and gave him some of those ideas as well. At least I know he looked at the list because he commented on one of my more off the wall ideas.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    This thread is so helpful! I have been taking notes and following up. We need to figure out how to allocate our time but our itineraries are coming along well. I really appreciate the help!
    marinkitty- we definitely make the kids help. We warned ds2 that if he didn't speak up during the planning process then he wasn't allowed to complain later. I did curate a list from ideas on this thread as well as googling "x city with teens" and gave him some of those ideas as well. At least I know he looked at the list because he commented on one of my more off the wall ideas.
    He would probably like the Catacombs. We didn’t get tickets while we were there but we wanted to visit.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don’t know of any in these two cities, but in Madrid we took my teens on a Segway tour and it was one of their most favorite things ever. Booked through Viator. Maybe there are some in London or Paris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    He would probably like the Catacombs. We didn’t get tickets while we were there but we wanted to visit.
    Even if he wouldn't, I would! It's on my list.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    If I could only do one tourist attraction it would be the Tower of London including one of their free Beefeater tours. ...

Seconding Tower of London with free Beefeater tour; have your kids bring their student ID if they have one, there may still be a student discount (there was in 1995!) You needn't queue to see the Crown Jewels, but I did ... and found it rather eye-opening to see precisely how petite Queen Victoria had been! (Her wedding gown was part of the in-queue display at the time.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

SB-
    I PMd you!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast