Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Dr. Puri Mask Questions?

I know this is being talked about on the other thread but I'm wondering if the Dr. Puri masks we've been using are fakes?

We have only purchased them from Amazon this whole time. We get the white in size medium. The outside is smoother than our other KF94 masks but it has been consistently the same. The Bluna masks we get are coarser. The inside is also smooth in a totally different way. Almost slick. There is no embossing and never has been. The packaging is teal.

Anyone get Dr. Puri masks, white in M from Kmact and what were they like? Do these seem to flag that something is wrong?

I will say that the masks fit great for DS2 who has to wear one all day long in high school. There are no gaps of any kind and they are very comfortable! For that reason alone I'm sure they've done some good. I'm just wondering if they are really as protective as they are billed to be! I feel like we are paying for that level of protection.

TIA!

ETA: We are purchasing them from "Dr Puri Official" on Amazon.

m4nash is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We bought white Dr. Puri masks from KMACT in Large with the adjustable ear loops and they do not have an embossed logo. Maybe only the black ones have the logo? The picture on the front of the package does show what appears to be an embossed logo, but our masks do not have that on it. The masks are also much smoother than any other KF94 masks we have used (GoodDay, BOTN, Bluna) and the masks collapse in when we breathe unlike any of the other KF94s we have tried. That said we like them well enough and plan to use up what we have purchased.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Excellent questions. I'm the one who mentioned Amazon fakes on the other thread and I'd love to find out if my suspected fakes are legit. They were Sold By: "Dr.puri official" on Amazon.

PXL_20220121_163230969.jpg

PXL_20220121_163222001.jpg

PXL_20220121_163246382.jpg

PXL_20220121_163311349.jpg
    Last edited by mikala; 01-21-2022 at 12:45 PM.

Thanks for answering! Yours sound like ours. So far it seems like only the black ones have labels? I'm starting to feel better...I just placed an order (and just received one!) and we're already needing to look at ordering again. Maybe I should order from Kmact instead and do a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    Excellent questions. I'm the one who mentioned Amazon fakes on the other thread and I'd love to find out if my suspected fakes are legit. I'll try to attach photos ...
    Mine are white masks so the package is green instead of black, but the back looks exactly the same (ordered from Amazon seller Dr. Puri official).

They don't have embossed letters on them, and they are a softer fabric than the other KF94's I've tried which include BOTN and one or two others. I'd heard on here that their white masks were softer than others, which is why I bought them.

Is it possible they are fake? Maybe so. Is it going to change anything I do? No. Whether they've passed the specific certification tests or not, I'm sure they're better than my old cloth masks. And they are by far the most comfortable and best fitting masks I have ever found, including many kinds of cloth and multiple brands of surgical, KN95, and KF94 masks. So I feel confident that this mask that fits me well and is comfortable enough that I'm happy to wear it consistently is a good choice for me. I assume it provides me with decent protection. I do not assume it is perfect.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    Mine are white masks so the package is green instead of black, but the back looks exactly the same (ordered from Amazon seller Dr. Puri official).

They don't have embossed letters on them, and they are a softer fabric than the other KF94's I've tried which include BOTN and one or two others. I'd heard on here that their white masks were softer than others, which is why I bought them.

Is it possible they are fake? Maybe so. Is it going to change anything I do? No. Whether they've passed the specific certification tests or not, I'm sure they're better than my old cloth masks. And they are by far the most comfortable and best fitting masks I have ever found, including many kinds of cloth and multiple brands of surgical, KN95, and KF94 masks. So I feel confident that this mask that fits me well and is comfortable enough that I'm happy to wear it consistently is a good choice for me. I assume it provides me with decent protection. I do not assume it is perfect.
    I like your reasoning here. They've worked since mid August for DS2 who has a lot of exposure (high school, albeit masks required). They are very comfortable and they fit very well. And he's very compliant. I will say they work well with his glasses too which was tricky to find. Maybe I'll just keep on with it. They've been good for us!

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    Excellent questions. I'm the one who mentioned Amazon fakes on the other thread and I'd love to find out if my suspected fakes are legit. They were Sold By: "Dr.puri official" on Amazon.

PXL_20220121_163230969.jpg

PXL_20220121_163222001.jpg

PXL_20220121_163246382.jpg

PXL_20220121_163311349.jpg
    If they were sold by Dr Puri Official they come from Kmact directly. I emailed and asked when I was looking for some.

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    If they were sold by Dr Puri Official they come from Kmact directly. I emailed and asked when I was looking for some.
    Thanks! That’s comforting to know!

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Reviews on Amazon say they've contacted the Dr. Puri manufacturer and that masks made after 2020 and shipped only to US customers do NOT have the embossed logo.

My black Dr. Puri masks ordered directly from Kmact that I got yesterday however DO have the embossed logo! So does that mean my masks were made before 2020? So I have no idea but my packaging is identical to that posted above and my expiration date is 11/04/2024.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Reviews on Amazon say they've contacted the Dr. Puri manufacturer and that masks made after 2020 and shipped only to US customers do NOT have the embossed logo.

My black Dr. Puri masks ordered directly from Kmact that I got yesterday however DO have the embossed logo! So does that mean my masks were made before 2020? So I have no idea but my packaging is identical to that posted above and my expiration date is 11/04/2024.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Maybe yours weren't made to go directly to US customers? That's useful info!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast