We're renovating our bathrooms at the moment; we started demo on the "guest" bath on December 8th. It's mostly done, except we have to get the plumber back in to fix something in the shower piping & install the showerhead & controls, mount the toilet, and set up the sink connections (flexible water supply for hot & cold, plus drain pipe.)

However, DH also decided to try to remove the (non-asbestos) popcorn ceiling work from a couple areas in the house on his own. It went ... about as well as you would expect for spaces with way-awkward angles. Admitting defeat, he decides to bring in painters to do the work instead.

The crew that gave us the best quote started work yesterday (January 20th.)
They put dropcloths down to make cleaning up the carpeting easier, so they caught most of the popcorn scrapings, but they also had to repair some of the sheetrock & added joint compound. And then they sanded.

My living room looks like the scary part in ET (when the scientists come & set up their plastic tent bubble around Elliot's house) and there is a fine layer of sanded sheetrock dust EVERYWHERE. Yes, literally EVERY WHERE. I honestly hadn't realized it was that bad until he & DD came home from the ILs' house - he'd spent the day there, working, and we brought DD there after school because there wasn't any access to her bedroom - because I was staying in the kitchen. But ... it's bad. And it'll require a full deep-cleaning. (At least I did a lot of that before Xmas, so it's not going to be completely disgusting, but it's still going to require mopping. Not wet Swiffering. Mopping.)

I worked a little bit to clean up last night while DH freaked out (he had an interview today, Jan. 21st) and asked to change pillowcases, etc., which, OK, fine, I can do that, but he needs to get TF out of my way and let me work. He keeps snapping because he's "really anxious about the interview" - like, dude, yes, OK, I understand being anxious about that interview, but snapping at me isn't going to make it easier.

I used Pledge and a microfiber to dust the wood (he was using effing Swiffers, which are great for touchups, but not for CLEANING; this needed CLEANING), ran the comforters through the dryer on a steam-sanitize cycle, and changed the sheets. (Maybe overkill, but he's already snapping and being a PITB, so I will overkill the heck out of things) and got things to the point where we could get to bed before midnight.

I did kind of flip out at DD when she called me at 6:30p to tell me that (1) she wants her mommy and (2) ILs were having dinner, so I should come on over ... because I thought that it had slipped DH's mind to tell me we were all having dinner at ILs' house because ours is ... a disaster area. A true disaster area, not a DH hyperbolic "disaster area."

I admit that the flipping out part wasn't fair, but he had never given me a plan for picking DD up - I thought that, after he and his dad left (dropped off the primer bucket), he'd be coming home with DD directly. (Apparently, something blew up at work & he needed more time, which could have been solved by a text, like, maybe "hey, I'm putting out a major work fire, come pick DD up now so I can work in peace" or something.)

So, apparently, this means I have a bad attitude because I am already trying to coach parents through cookies (did I mention it's cookie season?) and trying not to freak out about the fine layer of dust on everything ... oh, and our vacuum finally broke while I was cleaning up the fine dust from the bedroom carpeting.

Bottom line, we are both extremely stressed and ended the night shouting at each other.

Fortunately, the paint crew expects to be done by like tomorrow (Jan. 22nd) so I'll have all day Sunday and Monday to do the cleaning & laundry that needs to get done.